Gionee Announces World's Thinnest Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

vern72

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012
Getting the thinnest phone of the bunch doesn't mean a lot to me. As long as the phone is about 1cm or thinner and has a good battery life, that's the main thing I look for in a form factor.

InvalidError

Titan
On such a thin device, I would start to seriously worry about stresses on the frame and not accidentally bending it.

Personally, ~10mm is thin enough. Much thinner than that, the edges start digging into flesh when you squeeze it by the edges, which is not particularly comfortable when holding a device for several minutes at a time.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
On such a thin device, I would start to seriously worry about stresses on the frame and not accidentally bending it.
I have a friend who accidentally bent his ipod touch fifth gen, and that is 6.1mm, and a lot shorter besides! The screen eventually lifted off the frame, which was bent about 5 degrees.

I'd rather it be as thick as regular smartphones. But with massive battery life. We were getting close to a month on the old fangled phones. Now we are back to a day, possibly two if you don't use it much.

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Is there really any practical advantage of shaving a millimeter off a smartphone other than for marketing purposes? The average user just wants more battery life. And how about waterproofing phones? ~90-95% of smartphones from Japan are waterproof, why are we so far behind?

VikingDK

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Google should by in to fiber in Denmark, that way they will save mony and get a readymade infrastructure, tho fiber isent in the largest Danish Towns yet.I am looking to move to where there is fiber to get ( Again ) and i would love 1 gbit instead of the 60/60 i plan to get.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Google should by in to fiber in Denmark, that way they will save mony and get a readymade infrastructure, tho fiber isent in the largest Danish Towns yet.I am looking to move to where there is fiber to get ( Again ) and i would love 1 gbit instead of the 60/60 i plan to get.
This weeks 'Random Comment Award' goes to.......Dænmark!Yeah, I knøw, it's åll because of this annoying story scrolling thing they've started on here...

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Its not only a smartphone, it slices and dices, no need to carry a bulky knife the Elife S5.5 can slice your coldcuts and make a tasty sandwich. You can even shave with it! That's right! this one does it all! Pre-Order yours today!

Status
Not open for further replies.