Question glckio2 service failed to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubabir

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
So i had problems with my computer crashing on startup (it would start up and go into bluescreen than restart itself 2-4 times) so i formated the drives. I installed new windows 10 and now i have a different problem. It doesn't crash on startup however it does so when idle or using the browser. It goes into bluescreen and the sound buggs (a loud soung keeps playing untill it restarts).
irql not less or equal is the most popular error message. but i also had "System thread exception not handled" with problem source "dxgkrnl.sys" when i go into the event viewer it says "The GLCKIO2 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."

I checked my ram with memtest86 and the windows 10 tool and it showed no errors
I tried clean boot and the same thing happened.
Nothing is overclocked

I should probably add that couple of days ago it would happen once a day but today i have been using my pc for 2 hours and it crashed like 10 times already (even on clean boot)
I have read that glckio2 is related to aorus software. I had the osd sidekick instaled and it installs rgb fusion automaticly (i have aorus monitor) but i uninstalled both of them (also tried to do so with uninstallation program. I have used CCleaner to clean registry.

My PC:
MOBO - Msi Gaming pro carbon x470
Gpu - Msi 1060 gaming 6gb
cpu - ryzen 5 2600x
cooler - the ryzen stock one
system drive - crucial mx500 250gb
hard drive - toshiba p3000 1T
RAM - Corsair vengeance rgb 2x8GB 3000

I have my system and programs one the ssd and the harddrive is only for games

Sth tham may help is im noticing google chrome crashing (not the whole program just the webside so i have to reload it) the site crashed 4 times while i was writing this. I never had that problem so maybe it will help
Once when i tried to clean the registry with ccleaner i noticed sth left by aorus program but when i went there it wasn't gone and i couldnt have deleted it with right click (i could do that with other files there - https://paste.pics/b24577e674af2bd971054bd7fa06f5d1)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.