Glitchy video from Altona AT-AVS100 Video Converter

Route66Fan

Commendable
Mar 31, 2021
When I hook up a VCR, or game console to the Altona AT-AVS100's Composite, or S-Video, input & a monitor to the devices VGA output & have the devices VGA/Component switch set to VGA & it's resolution switch set to 480/576p, I get a glitchy video signal on my monitor (As seen in the included picture.) The device was bought used & had a bad external power supply (I had to use another 5v power supply that I have to test it.) & didn't include a VGA to Component cable (I have ordered one, but it hasn't arrived yet.) What could be causing this issue?
AKGpihao4ttgFad5Hi7uou7IEVAAL3CVe7g7Nn922zTrt_6JTqWbg3EQtkhEKjB2gghf2imow-mgb-Slb-3E0Zb45S7alFf5=s1600

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
That is corrupted video signal and i'd say the video signal converter and scaler you bought, is busted. The fact that it came with dead external power brick, would further confirm it to be faulty.

On the other hand, buying used hardware is always "as is" and there is 0 expectation of it working without issues, like brand new unit would. Btw, that AT-AVS100 is discontinued as well.

Route66Fan

Commendable
Mar 31, 2021
That is corrupted video signal and i'd say the video signal converter and scaler you bought, is busted. The fact that it came with dead external power brick, would further confirm it to be faulty.

On the other hand, buying used hardware is always "as is" and there is 0 expectation of it working without issues, like brand new unit would. Btw, that AT-AVS100 is discontinued as well.
I figured that it was defective. I can't return it, also I only paid around $20 for it on eBay. I might try opening it up seeing if there are any damaged components in it.