Godfather Case Mod Cannot Be Refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

builder4

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
There's a fine line between a cool looking case mod and just sticking a motherboard and fans to the inside of a large display cabinet...

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ryandsouza[/nom]Cool mod, but it'll be a nightmare to get to a lan party...[/citation]

That's not usually the point but I get what you are saying.

If the enclosure (display case) is custom made by the modder, than I can applaud the creator, but only out of respect, if that is an enclosure that was meant for something else and "modded" to suit this build, I would deduct for points. Kudos for making it your own, but as mentioned, this mod is lost on me. Though I am a fan of the movies.

I would just go for the turntable, the car and the don's figurine. That minus all the heat at the back looks amazing from the POV of the mod. Love the LEDs on the roof, make the whole thing look like a showroom. But..... they somehow don't mix in with the backdrop. A plus 10 for originality yes.

This is a scratch mod, and has a lot of fine detail. You don't have to like it, but it would be good to respect the amount of work that went into it. Most modders give props for this build. Modding isn't about the fastest machine necessarily but about creativity. And sometimes about challenge or difficulty. Think about Joe Satriani or John Petrucci, you may not be a huge fan, but you gotta respect the mad skills. I happen to be a big fan of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.