Question GOG Games Not Booting

Jun 20, 2022
Hello all,

I recently got an Alienware x17 R2 with Intel i9 and Geforce RTX 3080ti, running on Windows 11. I've been having nothing but problems on GOG Galaxy application. None of my games will boot-up. I click the Play button and it goes grey for a few seconds (says Snyc 0%) but then an additional pop-up appears saying it was successfully synced... Whenever I play games on both Steam or Epic Games applications they run and work PERFECT... like a charm. It's only GOG games that aren't playing. Sometimes like for STALKER Call of Pripyat, the game is actually RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER, but nothing appears on screen. Makes no sense. So here are some things I have tried ladies and gentleman

-All graphics drivers are up to date
-I have all the Microsoft visuals and DirectX up to date
-I've edited all compatibility options from the .exe (disable fullscreen optimization. Scaling. Run in older windows, run as administrator, etc.
  • I've done a full BIOS scan of hardware, no issues present
  • I've also ensured my Nvidia GeForce is set as exclusive MAIN source for games to boot
  • I've tried downloading Heroic launcher to see if it'd finally run. No luck
  • I've tried downloading the game off a browser from official website. I ran offline installer, game still won't boot
  • I've edited my system registry. I've tried changing some of the codes for .exe files to boot.
  • I've tried tried checking everything you can think of in Command Prompt
  • I've tried disabling all startup and programs (excluding microsoft stuff) on msconfig. Nothing
  • I've tried Steam and adding a Non-Steam game through there.

Probably a few other things as well. It perplexes me and amazes me how I cannot virtually get GOG games to work. Am I the only person? To repeat, all other games purchased from Steam and Epic work like a charm. If anybody could help me out and try to get GOG games running it would mean the WORLD to me. I've contacted customer support for GOG and even Alienware customer service. Nobody can seem to figure it out. THANKS in advance people.

-Markus

I have a few GOG games installed on windows 11 and they all run fine, but I don't use gog galaxy.
If you go into the games folders and run them from their .exe do they still not run?
Do you have anything running that does any overlay? That can cause games to fail running.

Jun 20, 2022
I have a few GOG games installed on windows 11 and they all run fine, but I don't use gog galaxy.
If you go into the games folders and run them from their .exe do they still not run?
Do you have anything running that does any overlay? That can cause games to fail running.
Hey Terry, thank you kindly for the response. I ensured not to have any relay programs installed like Razer Cortex or anything else for that matter. I've done a clean-boot, to see if it would still run. Still nothing successful I'm afraid. Some games still demand GOG be opened when I try to execute them, such as Insomnia: The Ark. Other games that don't seem to require it (like STALKER Call of Pripyat) used to show its exclusive launcher, however no longer seem to be doing so... It's bizarre how this is so sudden. I read somewhere maybe try to disable any GOG online features. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

As I said earlier, I tried to manually install the game in .BIN files without the GOG client. It still would not launch, neither on a third-party launch program.