Going from one monitor to two monitors, well, kind of...

poundej

Reputable
May 2, 2015
I currently game on a 1080 49 Inch LED Smart TV. Its 60Hz.

But, I recently bought a killer gaming PC, so I am buying a desk and a 144Hz 24 Inch monitor for me to game on, but I want to keep my TV for when I kick back in bed, and put Netflix/WWE Network/Films on to chill.

Is there anyway I can plug the PC into both monitors, but only have the input coming through one monitor at a time? I thought about maybe just using one HDMI cable and switching them over when I need to, but all the Icons and Text will be too small for the TV, I wouldnt be able to see them from back on my bed.

So is there a way to have two profiles set up so it recognises if its on the TV or the Montior and it have sizes set accordingly?

Solution
Yes. If both displays are connected, you want to extend the two. This way you will be able to drag windows from 1 screen to the other. They are always going to be on so if it bothers you, you can turn off the TV set. You can tell a game to only use one monitor and use the other one for browsing or w/e. It shouldnt get sizes wrong- your TV should have larger icons than the smaller monitor- if they are the same resolution. You can also change the resolution idividually. ~All the best.
Yes. If both displays are connected, you want to extend the two. This way you will be able to drag windows from 1 screen to the other. They are always going to be on so if it bothers you, you can turn off the TV set. You can tell a game to only use one monitor and use the other one for browsing or w/e. It shouldnt get sizes wrong- your TV should have larger icons than the smaller monitor- if they are the same resolution. You can also change the resolution idividually. ~All the best.

Solution