[SOLVED] Going to be building new PC, should I wait?

ForestDingo

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
My computer is going out the window and with it, a brand new PC will be made. Though with the 30xx series coming out, I'm wondering if I should hold off? I was going to get a 2080 ti, but if a new series is around the corner, I'm thinking just going with a 2070 super and upgrading down the line.

My question is, is it worth it to buy the newest series right away, or should you wait for more models to come out that are of higher quality?

Solution
I remember, before I bought my previous PC I was also lamenting whether I should wait for DDR4 before buying.
Then a friend told me this: "You can decide to wait a half year for DDR4. Then, in a half year the new CPUs will be out, so you'll decide to wait for that. Then in another half year the new GPUs will come. Then something else. And you'll never buy a PC."

Gorzius

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
I remember, before I bought my previous PC I was also lamenting whether I should wait for DDR4 before buying.
Then a friend told me this: "You can decide to wait a half year for DDR4. Then, in a half year the new CPUs will be out, so you'll decide to wait for that. Then in another half year the new GPUs will come. Then something else. And you'll never buy a PC."

Reactions: GorillaMonsoon
Solution