GoldenEye: Source HL2 Mod Finally Out of Beta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
remember the first best multiplayer first-person shooter ever made
Uh, I think that title would have to go to Quake. Sure there were others before, but Quake was the one that really took off and was miles ahead compared to the competition at the time (which was pretty sparse).

Maybe the first good FPS for consoles. I'll give it that. And it wasn't exactly real multiplayer, being limited to 4 people. I played the original Team Fortress online (with 32 players) before Goldeneye was out.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I'm a huge fan of the Quake and Doom series, but was also a big fan of Goldeneye for the N64.

The hat should probably go to Quake 3 arena, but Goldeneye is in a close, close second. The article SHOULD have stated: "Remember the first, best multiplayer CONSOLE first person shooter ever made".

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Duke Nukem.

I think it was probably the first where you could look up an down and even bind it to the mouse (which was a pretty big deal at the time). Doom 1-2, Hexen, Wolfenstein were all looking horizontally.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.