good build with Intel I-5 8600 k chip ?

PUNITHML

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
After much survey , i have decided to go for I-5 8600k with Asus prime z370 p mobo.
but i want few suggestion on the following factor for this build :
1. which ram is good ( ddr3 or ddr4) ?
2. Is 550 watts power supply sufficient for the cpu ?
3. do we need to add extra cooler by removing of stock cooler? if so is CM Hyper TX3 EVO sufficient ? ( since i already have one )
4.which GPU is better for this build?

other : i am going with CM 380 cabinet, WD 1tb Blue hdd
Main use is for CAD/CAE analysis (number crunching data like lsdyna & abaqus cae)
P.S : My budget is around 700$ to 800$ ( i am looking for a low , but good build budget)

thanks in advance

1) You can ONLY use DDR4, so this question is moot.
2) The wattage you choose depends on many more factors than just the CPU. But 550W is good enough for most systems that use 1 GPU.
3) The CPU doesn't come with a cooler anyway, so you'd need to buy one separately (or just use the one you have). It would be better to go with something like a Cryorig H7 as your cooler though.
4) Anything GTX 1070 and above would be great if the prices for GPUs were actually reasonable right now.

SundownEditing

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Ram: ddr3 is not compatible so that's out of the question...
PSU: Every component factors into your wattage usage, so we'd need more information to determine that...
Cooler: Unless you can't stand noise, the stock cooler should be fine. But if you already have a cooler I'd suggest you'd go with that, as it's most likely better than any stock cooler.
GPU: You can pretty much get away with any GTX GPU as low as a 1050(but I would NOT suggest you go any lower... if thats even possible), not only do they perform well(they are HIGHLY underestimated) but they tend to come pretty damn cheap if you search in the right places. I have a 1050 without my PC being a "budget build" and I still love how well it runs, and I doubt I'll be changing it anytime soon(mine is a geforce gtx 1050ti mini.... And I have a midtower!).

PUNITHML

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
thanks for the reply guys. the suggestion was really good. however , the local dealer ( assembler) told me that TX3 EVO cannot fit on I-5 8600k / Z370p mobo. he is asking me to get an hyper 212X .
Is this true ? is he trying to fleece me?

SundownEditing

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

There shouldn't be any problem at all. I think he's trying to fleece you. The only only only(did i mention only?) reason I could think of for it to not be compatible is if your case was too slim for it to fit, which I EXTREMELY AND HIGHLY doubt because I'm not even sure if cases like that exist, lol.

PUNITHML

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/29/intel-cannon-lake-ice-lake-spectre-meltdown-fix/

the above link has given a new twist on the trust i had on the intel chip. Almost i had been out to buy , but in a corner of my mind i had this dark thought of what will happen if a ransomware might attack my cpu.
I am totally confused on two aspects : whether to buy now ? or wait for an year to see if the spectre-meltdown issue is eradicated from the chip level & buy Icelake processor?