Good build ?

Apr 30, 2018
First build. Don't want to upgrade processor, but will upgrade graphics in next 3-4 years.
Want to play cs go,fortnite,far cry 5 and upcoming AAA games for next 3-4 years on medium settings at 720p. Well its a budget build though so not planned to buy SSD as its expensive. I know z series mobo will be good for (k) version processors but maybe in case if i want to upgrade it then i don't have to change mobo.

Components :

ASUS DVDRW 24X

Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor - 3Y warranty

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS - 3Y warranty

MSI GTX 1050Ti Gaming X 4G - 3Y warranty

Silverstone Strider Essential 600W - 3Y warranty

Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED - 3Y warranty

120 mm x 3 Case Fan

Seagate 1TB ST1000DM010 - 2Y warranty

Kingston 8GB DDR4 HYPERX FURY 2666Mhz - Life Time warranty

Cooler Master MasterBox LITE 5 Black - 1Y warranty

HDMI TO VGA CONVERTER

To be honest, if you are buying anything from the current generation you'd be hard pressed to call it a bad build. I am a little confused by your "swing for the fences" approach to CPU and Motherboard but not on the GPU when the GPU is going to be the most important factor in how your games run. That 1050Ti, while being a fine gaming card for 1080p titles is going to be a hard bottleneck on the capabilities of the system. For a more balanced build it might be better for you to drop the CPU to an i5 8400 and go up to a 1060 6GB.

So, while it is not a bad build, it isn't terribly balanced and you are over spending in some places for what is effectively "status" gear instead of focusing on getting the best performance per dollar. Also, get at least a boot SSD. You will really appreciate it.

This is an odd build. Whats the max budget?

Going for a 8700 but only a 1050ti is just odd.
Psu is on the lower quality and for the same money better can be had.
DO NOT GET THE MASTERBOX LITE CASES. These are basically closed boxes as they only have a tiny slit in the front for air intake and will make your pc overheat in at most 30min of gaming causing quite severe performance drops.
I hope the hdmi to vga convertor is active?
Do you really need a dvd drive? Also that terrible case does not have a place for a dvd drive.

That would be a great gaming machine. The CPU should last you years and shouldn't be a bottleneck for the next generation or two of graphics cards. I'd consider that a much more balanced PC than your original post.