[SOLVED] Good cooler for 1600X

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hi wich cooler is best if i want a cheap one but not like 5 dollars but around like 30 to 75 dollars and small and good im not gonna overclock i think of if im gonna buy an 1600 stock cooler somewhere but i have heard that they are very loud oh btw i want it to be silent

Solution
You are good.
The cooler has 41mm available to clear the fan mounted in the usual position.
Vengeance lpx is only 31mm tall, so you are ok.
If you use the rgb versions, they are 51mm tall.
In the event that you want to use ram with higher heat spreaders,, there are two options.
  1. the fan can easily be moved 10mm up to clear the ram.
  2. The fan can be mounted on the opposite side in a pull orientation.

As to speed, ryzen likes fast ram; 3200 speed is the fastest your motherboard supports.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi wich cooler is best if i want a cheap one but not like 5 dollars but around like 30 to 75 dollars and small and good im not gonna overclock i think of if im gonna buy an 1600 stock cooler somewhere but i have heard that they are very loud oh btw i want it to be silent

Hi @Memme_gamer

The stock cooler is plenty "good enough" and hardly what one would call loud. Especially if you set a custom fan curve. However, what I think is loud and you think is loud could be very different

BeQuiet! or Noctua make great silent coolers. What mobo do you have & how much space do you have in your case?

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hi @Memme_gamer

The stock cooler is plenty "good enough" and hardly what one would call loud. Especially if you set a custom fan curve. However, what I think is loud and you think is loud could be very different

BeQuiet! or Noctua make great silent coolers. What mobo do you have & how much space do you have in your case?
a gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H i dont know the size on it and stuff i havent relly look but i think buying a new case soon

Nothing with moving parts can be truly silent.
But, it can be all but inaudible.

A very good cooler would be a tower type air cooler with a 120mm fan.
They will need 160mm headroom to clear the fan.
The specs for a case should tell you.
Or, measure your current headroom.

A relatively unknown cooler that I have used is the scythe kotetsu for $50 or so.
https://www.newegg.com/scythe-scktt-1000/p/13C-0004-00005
Here is a review:

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Nothing with moving parts can be truly silent.
But, it can be all but inaudible.

A very good cooler would be a tower type air cooler with a 120mm fan.
They will need 160mm headroom to clear the fan.
The specs for a case should tell you.
Or, measure your current headroom.

A relatively unknown cooler that I have used is the scythe kotetsu for $50 or so.
https://www.newegg.com/scythe-scktt-1000/p/13C-0004-00005
Here is a review:
i want to buy an Noctua NH-U12S_ AM4

You are good.
The cooler has 41mm available to clear the fan mounted in the usual position.
Vengeance lpx is only 31mm tall, so you are ok.
If you use the rgb versions, they are 51mm tall.
In the event that you want to use ram with higher heat spreaders,, there are two options.
  1. the fan can easily be moved 10mm up to clear the ram.
  2. The fan can be mounted on the opposite side in a pull orientation.

As to speed, ryzen likes fast ram; 3200 speed is the fastest your motherboard supports.

Solution