Good CPU and Graphics card but still low fps?

body462

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
CPU- I7 2600k
GPU- GTX970
MB- BIOSTAR H77MU3
RAM- 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance

A few years ago I had someone build me this gaming computer, when I first had it, it worked fine. But now when I play various games like Diablo 3, The Division, PoE, Runescape (OSRS), Dying Light, PUBG, various MMORPG's my fps isn't very high AT ALL, maybe 1-20? Max? My games will sometimes randomly crash, not very often, but still do. PUBG especially. Any solutions or tips?

Solution
a few WIndows updates, a few driver updates, or, a few driver updates left behind, the options are endless....

you can try reinstalling latest chipset drivers for your mainboard, and, removal/reisntall of Gforce drivers...

After that, you'll be likely gathering assorted drivers and install discs for a proverbial 'nuke and pave' (reinstall w/ delete partitions, quick format, a full fresh install....backup everything important first!)

a few WIndows updates, a few driver updates, or, a few driver updates left behind, the options are endless....

you can try reinstalling latest chipset drivers for your mainboard, and, removal/reisntall of Gforce drivers...

After that, you'll be likely gathering assorted drivers and install discs for a proverbial 'nuke and pave' (reinstall w/ delete partitions, quick format, a full fresh install....backup everything important first!)

Solution

PCMACPC

Notable
Aug 5, 2017
- Try to remove your GPU drivers with DDU, and reinstall new ones from Nvidia website.
- What GPU and CPU temps while gaming?
- Clean your case and components from dust (maybe your cpu or gpu is overheating)