Discussion Good Desks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2022
Okay so I've been using this giant dresser that my grandparents have as a desk. But I'm going to be moving soon and I plan to try out streaming. I wanted to try getting an actual desk for my setup, plus I think it'd be pretty helpful to have for my school work. Oh yeah my monitors 27 inches and I have the fractal focus 2 case. Not sure if I gave enough info or too much but I would love some advice on getting a good desk.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I've always been a fan of "L" shaped desks and corner hutches. Really depends on how much desk space you need. I'll see if I can post an image of my set up here in a little bit.

-Wolf sends

Edit:
5Fw4OnC.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022
Furniture bought at retail is expensive and often not very good.
Look at estate sales or used furniture stores.
As to your pc, plan on putting it on the floor next to the desk.
What are estate sales also I thought putting your PC on the floor just made it collect dust quicker.

An estate sale is when a whole household full of stuff is put on sale over perhaps a long weekend.
It may be because the owner has died and their estate is selling off to get what they can, hence the term "estate sales"
Your local paper classified section is where to look for them.

If your floor is carpeted and you kick up dust, perhaps there is a bit of a problem.
The key, I think to a clean pc is to buy a quality case which had lots of front intake capability along with an easily washable filter.
That is called a positive pressure situation.

Nov 21, 2022
An estate sale is when a whole household full of stuff is put on sale over perhaps a long weekend.
It may be because the owner has died and their estate is selling off to get what they can, hence the term "estate sales"
Your local paper classified section is where to look for them.

If your floor is carpeted and you kick up dust, perhaps there is a bit of a problem.
The key, I think to a clean pc is to buy a quality case which had lots of front intake capability along with an easily washable filter.
That is called a positive pressure situation.
Okay thank you for the advice and explaining everything.

Nov 21, 2022
I've always been a fan of "L" shaped desks and corner hutches. Really depends on how much desk space you need. I'll see if I can post an image of my set up here in a little bit.

-Wolf sends

Edit:
5Fw4OnC.jpeg
Your setup looks pretty cool but my taste is pretty bland, so yours looks like a lot of work and a lot to manage. But I don't really know enough to say if it actually is or not. As for space I don't think I need a lot of space but I'm worried about not having enough. So with that in mind do you think I should try measuring how much space I have left in my room, after I setup everything else like my bed and stuff.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your setup looks pretty cool but my taste is pretty bland, so yours looks like a lot of work and a lot to manage. But I don't really know enough to say if it actually is or not.

I bought this hutch back in 2004. It's seen multiple computers, multiple monitors, and it's been moved a few times, but the basic setup has always been the same. Once it's set up, there's really nothing more to do except dust every once in a while (more often than I do, anyway).

As for space I don't think I need a lot of space but I'm worried about not having enough. So with that in mind do you think I should try measuring how much space I have left in my room, after I setup everything else like my bed and stuff.
Measuring how much space you have is a good idea. No point of buying a four foot desk if you only have three and a half feet of space. And don't forget to include space for your computer desk chair!

-Wolf sends

Edit: Forgot to mention that the main display in my set up is a 27" display. The secondary is a 20" display.

Nov 21, 2022
I bought this hutch back in 2004. It's seen multiple computers, multiple monitors, and it's been moved a few times, but the basic setup has always been the same. Once it's set up, there's really nothing more to do except dust every once in a while (more often than I do, anyway).

Measuring how much space you have is a good idea. No point of buying a four foot desk if you only have three and a half feet of space. And don't forget to include space for your computer desk chair!

-Wolf sends

Edit: Forgot to mention that the main display in my set up is a 27" display. The secondary is a 20" display.
Okay thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.