[SOLVED] Good for gaming?

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
Ihave the Ryzen 1500x and ive been noticing lots of stutters and lag in games. My wifi is great, i have 2 8gb sticks of ram, the gtx 1070. Would upgrading my Cpu fix thix?
I built the pc myself.

seems like our processors are sorta alike, despite mine being overclocked to 4.4, though my GTX 980 is slower than urs 1070. personally i have 0, and i mean zero, problems with any games on 1080p.

first we gonna need ur full specs, and what games are talking about, then, know the concept of lag there; do things, like, seems to be teleporting around? stutering could be translated into small freezes but when it unfreezes things resume from where they were, when lag is present, things freeze and then resume from somewhere else, like a bunch of frames were actually skipped, that happens almost always on shitty unstable internets.

stuttering could have underlying issues, but i doubt its your cpu solely.

Reactions: zak456

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
seems like our processors are sorta alike, despite mine being overclocked to 4.4, though my GTX 980 is slower than urs 1070. personally i have 0, and i mean zero, problems with any games on 1080p.

first we gonna need ur full specs, and what games are talking about, then, know the concept of lag there; do things, like, seems to be teleporting around? stutering could be translated into small freezes but when it unfreezes things resume from where they were, when lag is present, things freeze and then resume from somewhere else, like a bunch of frames were actually skipped, that happens almost always on shitty unstable internets.

stuttering could have underlying issues, but i doubt its your cpu solely.
MSI B350 Micro ATX Mobo
2 8gb ripjaws stick of ram
ryzen 5 1500x
gtx 1070
Phanteks p350x mid tower case
1 tb hdd
256 gb sdd

as for games, i only play fortnite. The stutters are fps drops. it will be 100+ fps and then itll drop down to like 40-50, and then spike back up causing an in game stutter. and it happens VERY frequently, like every minute. Ive tried every optimization, including set pc for performance, downloading nvidia drives, updating windows 10, and reducing in game settings. nothing seems to work.

yup 1920x1080

i would use MSI afterbuner to monitor the usage first, i like it cause it can keep some nice graphs about gpu/cpu % usage on a timeline, memory and all. we gotta check if something is reaching like very high usage in % to justify some stuttering, if either card is like... idk, going 99% then there should be the problem.

also, very obvious but have you started using minimum settings on graphics for testing purposes? if u lower everything and the problem persists it could suggest the cpu is not to blame

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
i would use MSI afterbuner to monitor the usage first, i like it cause it can keep some nice graphs about gpu/cpu % usage on a timeline, memory and all. we gotta check if something is reaching like very high usage in % to justify some stuttering, if either card is like... idk, going 99% then there should be the problem.

also, very obvious but have you started using minimum settings on graphics for testing purposes? if u lower everything and the problem persists it could suggest the cpu is not to blame
i did and it still happened. i actually upgraded from the 1050 ti to the 1070 to see if it would fix and it didnt.
as for afternurner, i have been using it and everything was fine. usage was good and gpu temp did not exceed 63 celsius.

i did and it still happened. i actually upgraded from the 1050 ti to the 1070 to see if it would fix and it didnt.
as for afternurner, i have been using it and everything was fine. usage was good and gpu temp did not exceed 63 celsius.

oof, btw i wrote it wrong on my previous answer, when you lower the settings but you get no fps gains it could suggest the cpu is hogging the system, cause bigger textures and all the bling blings effects puts strain on the gpu, so techincally less gpu intense options should result in more frames per second, unless cpu is boing boo hoo, but with yours... no way... and not on fortnite... is your PSU adequate? are all the drivers up to date? was there a general FPS gain when you upgraded the graphics card or the problem is just the same?

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
oof, btw i wrote it wrong on my previous answer, when you lower the settings but you get no fps gains it could suggest the cpu is hogging the system, cause bigger textures and all the bling blings effects puts strain on the gpu, so techincally less gpu intense options should result in more frames per second, unless cpu is boing boo hoo, but with yours... no way... and not on fortnite... is your PSU adequate? are all the drivers up to date? was there a general FPS gain when you upgraded the graphics card or the problem is just the same?
when i upgraded my gpu i did get a general increase in fps yes. the fps are way higher, 150-250 on all low, when it doesnt stutter. but when it stutters its the same. my psu is a 550w rosewill and its pretty good. and yes, all my drivers are up to date. would overclocking my cpu and gpu help the problem?

when i upgraded my gpu i did get a general increase in fps yes. the fps are way higher, 150-250 on all low, when it doesnt stutter. but when it stutters its the same. my psu is a 550w rosewill and its pretty good. and yes, all my drivers are up to date. would overclocking my cpu and gpu help the problem?

doubt, but you should overclock in general, now if you upgraded your gpu and got a nice fps increase, that indicates the cpu had quite good bunch of juice to supply the GPU, thus why i believe it aint to blame... theres an underlying issue there, and i dont think its directly hardware bound... whats your ram btw?

also, use cpu-z or some other to check if your PCI-e bus is running at the correct 16x speed