Question Good free partitioning software for Windows Server?

I'm out of disk space on my C: for my server. When I shrink my D partition (same disk, different partitions) my unallocated space ends up after the D: partition so I can not extend the C: partition.

Anyone know of any good freeware partitioning software? I've tried quite a few and ones either dont work with Windows Server or can't remove/resize the partition or unallocated space to the end of C:\.

2z8vind.png

2m29sw3.png

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Yea you need to move the D: to the 'end' of the drive and then extend the C partition.

I used to use Easeus Partition Master. Not sure if it works with Server but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Cant move or delete the D partition. I'm using a WD NAS and I believe the D partition was created out of factory and has WD software installed on it preventing me from deleting it. This was one of the first things I tried.

I've also tried EaseUS and it did not work. Was unable to move partition or delete it even through EaseUS and they charge for the server edition.

I've even tried it from diskpart and but it sits at vol deletion for abit then says it can not do it because it is a OS boot vol. Which it is not.

es0uw3.png

Last edited: