[SOLVED] Good gaming rig or useless parts?

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heya folks,

I am building a new gaming PC and have made a parts list. I need help on deciding on a few parts like PSU, Cooling and GPU.

CPU - 9700k
GPU - 2080
MOBO - ROG Maximux XI Formula
STORAGE - Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) x2
COOLING - Custom loop or 360mm AIO (CPU and GPU)
PSU - Asus ROG Thor 850w or EVGA Supernova G2 850w
CASE - Asus ROG Strix Helios GX601
CASE FANS - Corsair LL120

I was thinking about getting the EVGA Power supply and saving some money. I was thinking about doing a custom loop with my CPU and GPU but I don't know yet. If I did, I would do a pump/res combo and have a 360mm rad. Would it work in this case and look good? If I did a custom loop I would get the AORUS RTX 2080 Waterforce WB with the pre-installed waterblock

Solution
Hi (thanks for thumbs upping me on my other post :D) This would make a great PC. Play pretty much any game you want. If you'd like to test for compatability then run it through pc part picker if it's possible. If it's not. I can assure you by seeing the title of the case that it seems to be higher end. And will most likely accept full atx. Mini atx. and maybe ITX motherboards. So in short, Yes. it will atleast all physically fit.

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
Hi (thanks for thumbs upping me on my other post :D) This would make a great PC. Play pretty much any game you want. If you'd like to test for compatability then run it through pc part picker if it's possible. If it's not. I can assure you by seeing the title of the case that it seems to be higher end. And will most likely accept full atx. Mini atx. and maybe ITX motherboards. So in short, Yes. it will atleast all physically fit.

Reactions: Fate05
Solution

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019

I did think so. I was just more so curious about the watercooling but I found some images with watercooling in it so I know it will fit. I was thinking about changing the PSU because I feel like seeing the amount of power draw is useless because I can display that on my motherboard so why not save some money XD

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
There's many suitable options for a power supply. Just as long as the total wattage the psu can provide is like 100+ over the actual amount the system will draw, and it's from a reputable company it'll be fine.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
What is your budget?

What is your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

Besides gaming, any other uses such as streaming or video editing?

I am getting a 3440x1440 34" Ultrawide 100+hz. I will be streaming and doing video editing until I build my second PC. Budget is about $5k - $6k NZD on the PC. Monitor is already sorted. I can't decide on a pump res combo and I want hard tubing ;)

WildCard999

Titan
I am getting a 3440x1440 34" Ultrawide 100+hz. I will be streaming and doing video editing until I build my second PC. Budget is about $5k - $6k NZD on the PC. Monitor is already sorted. I can't decide on a pump res combo and I want hard tubing ;)
Nice monitor! As for the cooling those parts really don't need to be watercooled, high end air on the CPU is typically plenty and the 2080 should be fine but if not just create a custom fan curve.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
There's many suitable options for a power supply. Just as long as the total wattage the psu can provide is like 100+ over the actual amount the system will draw, and it's from a reputable company it'll be fine.

Yeah I was thinking that. Just need to find a pump/res combo, cpu block, tubing and clear fluid then im all good