Question Good gpu to pair with ryzen 5 1500x

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I'm looking for a good gpu to pair with a ryzen 5 1500x for smooth gaming on fortnite at 1440 by 1080 res with 90+ fps as well as csgo and I want to know if I need to upgrade anything else like my Mobo or CPU or ram

Last edited:

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I currently use the ryzen 5 2400g with Radeon Vega 11 graphics card Apu with 16 GB of memory one terabyte of storage hard drive with a Samsung curved monitor and MSI optic g24c and I don't know my power supply what brand it is or how many watts it has and my Mobo is the gigabyte ga-ax370m ds3h

aetherlis

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
All of your parts seem good enough to function with gaming.
Since you have a gigabyte mother board you should get a gigabyte graphics card as well as it works better with it's own software.
Here is a link. to a Gigabyte RX 580 Currently $200
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...on=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-125-962-_-Product

Just a warning do not use the disc's drivers that you get with the GPU if you buy it. Go to gigabyte's website and download the drivers form there, as they are the most recent. Also check the guides to uninstall your VEGA's drivers as they can interfere with the new drivers.

Not knowing your PSU is a big problem though, as the card needs a minimum 500W PSU to guarantee power and functionality.

I can guarantee that it will give 90+ on Fortnite because, when I play Fortnite I get around 200 fps forcing me to put a of 120 limit on it to make it work less and cool down. (I have the same card I linked above)

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
Since you have a gigabyte mother board you should get a gigabyte graphics card as well as it works better with it's own software.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125962&Description=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580--14-125-962--Product

Just a warning do not use the disc's drivers that you get with the GPU if you buy it. Go to gigabyte's website and download the drivers form there, as they are the most recent. Also check the guides to uninstall your VEGA's drivers as they can interfere with the new drivers.

Not knowing your PSU is a big problem though, as the card needs a minimum 500W PSU to guarantee power and functionality.

I can guarantee that it will give 90+ on Fortnite because, when I play Fortnite I get around 200 fps forcing me to put a of 120 limit on it to make it work less and cool down. (I have the same card I linked above)
The power supply is either 500 watts or 450w based off the customer questions on the product page there are two answers saying 500w and one that says it is a EVGA 450w 80+ bronze I also would like to stick with amd for now as I just bought another monitor that is freesync and it isn't g-sync compatible either so. Also on gigabyte's website under the specifications for my exact motherboard it says it's a micro-atx form factor

Last edited:

aetherlis

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
The RX series is an amd product, it is just manufactured by other companies and sold by them.

As for your PSU I would recommend upgrading it to at least a 600W, either that or find a lower version of the RX series that consumes less power. Or look at the VEGA series.

Your mother board will be able to use the graphics card as long as you have a PCI-e x16 slot, which is where your current card should be plugged into.

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
The RX series is an amd product, it is just manufactured by other companies and sold by them.

As for your PSU I would recommend upgrading it to at least a 600W, either that or find a lower version of the RX series that consumes less power. Or look at the VEGA series.

Your mother board will be able to use the graphics card as long as you have a PCI-e x16 slot, which is where your current card should be plugged into.
Ok I'll ask my best buy about that when I buy the parts also could you build your PC on pcpartpicker so I can see it it would be nice thanks

Last edited:
I currently use the ryzen 5 2400g with Radeon Vega 11 graphics card Apu with 16 GB of memory one terabyte of storage hard drive with a Samsung curved monitor and MSI optic g24c and I don't know my power supply what brand it is or how many watts it has and my Mobo is the gigabyte ga-ax370m ds3h
The MSI optix g24c is a 144hz@1080p monitor right? You may want to consider upping the budget to something like the GTX 2060, it has a bit more horsepower for modern games and will undoubtedly last that much longer.

The only reason I ask, is I am also looking at the MSI optix g24c as my 1080/144hz upgrade to match my 1070ti I got last black friday.

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
The MSI optix g24c is a 144hz@1080p monitor right? You may want to consider upping the budget to something like the GTX 2060, it has a bit more horsepower for modern games and will undoubtedly last that much longer.

The only reason I ask, is I am also looking at the MSI optix g24c as my 1080/144hz upgrade to match my 1070ti I got last black friday.
I don't have that much money I only get like $300 for my birthday and $400 for Christmas so I can't really up the budget as I also dot't really want to spend like $2,000 at once

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I don't have that much money I only get like $300 for my birthday and $400 for Christmas

Also what would you recommend for a gaming chair

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
My Pc is way out of your budget but here is what it is.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4JCpsZ

The prices on here are inaccurate as it is much cheaper to buy at other places.
So I just want to be clear so I will be able to play fortnite on stretched res 1440 by 1080 with over 60+ fps with that gpu and CPU without either one being bottlenecked also could i play fortnite on 1440 by 1080 stretched res rn with my ryzen 5 2400g and if so what fps would i get

Last edited:

Lightningfan

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125962&Description=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580--14-125-962--Product

Yo thanks for your help I am able to do 1440 by 1080 stretched res on fortnite but would you still recommend the gpu that you linked as I would like better fps even though I tweaked some setting to get more fps but it's not enough for me so would you still recommend it also would I be able to play at 144hz with that gpu as well