Nvidia 1050 Ti
Intel Core i5
3.00 GHz
IDK what else

I can run Rocket League on 30 FPS Fornite 60 FPS... LOWEST SETTINGS
I cant even open Nvidia Settings
help

Solution

I am not sure how else to explain it. VGA and DVI are types of socket. Similar to how some phones use micro USB, some use USB C and Apple use lightening. All do a similar job but are all different, to plug one into the other needs an...
Jul 28, 2018

i have tried it some time ago and it is hard to unplug it

Jul 28, 2018

also do u mean the thing which is black or blue?

Yes, that's the one.

Jul 28, 2018

i will tell my parents :D also when i do that i can use any of the 2 on the bottom or the specific one? when i unplug that to replug it below will the pc turn off and when i turn it on function again? u talking about the blue thing or the black thing on the top to be sure?

Jul 28, 2018

also i think that is up there cuz the monitor is old as hell and there is used some sort of cable im not sure what its called to function :/ monitor is very old

Jul 28, 2018

will the monitor die? its the first time i am doing this stuff

Ok I might ruin your excitement. You are correct its an old socket type (VGA), when I first looked at your picture I thought the bottom left or middle socket one would be VGA but on a second look I was wrong they are DVI. If the monitor does not have a DVI socket (and you will need a DVI cable) you will need an adapter like this https://www.miniinthebox.com/en/p/dvi-24-1-male-to-vga-female-adapter-white_p676995.html?currency=GBP&litb_from=bing_shopping&utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingshopping&msclkid=7aa5d9e4ff501f2fdef3821cbfcf0792
The important thing for an adapter is DVI Male to VGA Female or you could get a cable like this

http://
*For example only, you can get cheaper*

When you have the monitor connected to the GPU's DVI socket the system should detect this and automatically switch over. If it doesn't put the cable back in the old socket and come back here.

Also once you are running from the GPU you will need to download the Nvidia drivers and install them, I doubt they would have installed before if you tried.

Jul 28, 2018

shall i replug it anyway? i can get a newer monitor this year idk. its hard to understand what u said

Your monitor is currently using an old socket type for the cable, it is called VGA. Your 1050Ti does not have VGA.

If your monitor also has a DVI socket then best to use this and a DVI cable. If your monitor only has VGA then you will need either an adapter like the one I linked or a VGA to DVI cable. Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Jul 28, 2018

u speaking like i know what vga or dvi means but i will figure smth out. also is that the MAIN problem? like the one that will fix everything (low fps)?

I am not sure how else to explain it. VGA and DVI are types of socket. Similar to how some phones use micro USB, some use USB C and Apple use lightening. All do a similar job but are all different, to plug one into the other needs an adapter or special cable.

This is your problem. Your 1050Ti is currently doing nothing, when the monitor is connected to the motherboard you are only using the integrated graphics of the CPU which is very weak compared to your 1050Ti.

Solution
Jul 28, 2018

will the new monitor fix it? @sizzling