[SOLVED] Good headset with focus on audio?

Super Batman

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
Hey gang,

I'm in the market for a new headset after mine is starting to die. Im looking for something that has a mic but quality of that isnt really a priority, just an overall good headset that isnt necessarily a 'Gaming' headset but will work for a bit of gaming but also just an overall good experience.

Prices anywhere up to $150 would be nice, maybe if its really worth it slightly higher.

Thanks in advance legends.

Solution
Hey gang,

I'm in the market for a new headset after mine is starting to die. Im looking for something that has a mic but quality of that isnt really a priority, just an overall good headset that isnt necessarily a 'Gaming' headset but will work for a bit of gaming but also just an overall good experience.

Prices anywhere up to $150 would be nice, maybe if its really worth it slightly higher.

The PC38X in the other post is a great headset for the price for both music and mic quality. There are maybe 4-5-6 other options but without testing them out yourself it won't really help you to add more to the mix LOL Picking audio equipment without listening to it is like going to a restaurant based on...

Lutfij

Titan
You're looking into audiophile pedigree headsets with that kind of budget. Our resident audiophile ( @anort3 ) will have a lot more to say than me but I'll suggest looking into Epos or Sennheiser's or even Audiotechnica's but the latter doesn't come with a mic. Also, what is the make and model of your soundcard that you're going to pair with the headphone/headset?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
PC37X on Drop $120 "Replaces the Game Zero"

Open Back Design
Great Soundstage for FPS type gaming
Good Mic
Neutral Sound with excellent clarity and decent mid-bass

PC38X on Drop $169

Upgrade in every way over the PC37X

These around a Sennheiser HD598/HD600's level of sound quality with a good quality Mic. They are great for gaming and music where a good soundstage is wanted, they are not so great for music that is bass focuses. I prefer semi-closed back or closed back for the Bass-heavy genres and many types of metal.

CREATIVE SXFI GAMER USB $129

Still on the fence about these but you can find them for $99 occasionally :unsure: These are not audiophile quality but they offer a greater overall experience across a wide array of uses. The downside is setting up the software 😕 SXFI is one of those things that either works fantastic when supported or meh when it's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: hang-the-9
Hey gang,

The PC38X in the other post is a great headset for the price for both music and mic quality. There are maybe 4-5-6 other options but without testing them out yourself it won't really help you to add more to the mix LOL Picking audio equipment without listening to it is like going to a restaurant based on recommendations, you will get 20 different ideas but you won't know what you like till you try it.

A lot depend son the music you like to listen to. If you want something with a lot of detail for something like classical where you want to pick out good imaging and instrument location in an orchestra the Phillips Fidelio X2HR are great, but you will need an externa mic, a mod mic to add to it or a USB one. They are also pretty analytical which means bad recordings will be exposed and things will sound more spread out, in some mixes and music that can be a negative to the listening to some people. I have a set but would not pick them for myself as an only headphone. Again, without listening no way to know for yourself.

For a good even sounding closed back headset with a mic, I like the CoolerMaster CM751, very comfortable, good sound but nothing exiting, even response range and those are under $100.

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x, with an external mic, are also a good pick for under $100 + cost of the mic.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS