[SOLVED] Good higher endurance Sata ssd on a budget

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
Any good recommendations for a 250/500 gb SSD that's not too pricey, and is durable and has a high write endurance for the price? I don't care about speed at all, just write endurance and durability/ quality for the best price. I don't want the most expensive ssd that has the best endurance, I want the best value in price to endurance ratio.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
Under 100, preferebly closer to 50, so this ssd has really good endurance for the price? If something is double the price but has 50 percent more endurance I would rather get 2 of the cheaper ones, if you know what I'm saying, best dollar to terbyte of endurance ratio, plus decent quality (low failure rate not related to endurance). And if I get this ssd, I would def get the 500 gig one, has double the nand(which means double endurance) for a lot less than double the price.

USAFRet

Titan
Under 100, preferebly closer to 50, so this ssd has really good endurance for the price? If something is double the price but has 50 percent more endurance I would rather get 2 of the cheaper ones, if you know what I'm saying, best dollar to terbyte of endurance ratio, plus decent quality (low failure rate not related to endurance).
The MX500 is one of the two drives I would consider.
The other is a Samsung 860 EVO.

Your choice.

TBW endurance....it is highly unlikely you will ever get within 20% of whatever that warranty number is.
Regular consumer use is not that write intensive.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
The MX500 is one of the two drives I would consider.
The other is a Samsung 860 EVO.

Your choice.

TBW endurance....it is highly unlikely you will ever get within 20% of whatever that warranty number is.
Regular consumer use is not that write intensive.
What's the endurance on this drive anyway? The 500 gig model and how does the 860 compare

USAFRet

Titan
What's the endurance on this drive anyway? The 500 gig model and how does the 860 compare
Actual lifespan, or what is in the warranty?

Warranty number is easy to look up.

Actual lifespan is far beyond those numbers.

I've asked multiple times in here, on different threads:
  1. In normal consumer use, has anyone ever had a drive die from too many write cycles?
  2. Has anyone ever actually exceeded that warranty number?

To date, I've seen no Yes responses.

Being an electronic device,, the drive may die of other things...but it almost certainly won't be a TBW endurance issue.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
Actual lifespan, or what is in the warranty?

Warranty number is easy to look up.

Actual lifespan is far beyond those numbers.

I've asked multiple times in here, on different threads:
  1. In normal consumer use, has anyone ever had a drive die from too many write cycles?
  2. Has anyone ever actually exceeded that warranty number?

To date, I've seen no Yes responses.

Being an electronic device,, the drive may die of other things...but it almost certainly won't be a TBW endurance issue.
Does the ssd you recommend, have good durability, so its less likely to die from non endurance released issues as long as I use a good psu.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
Yes.
I would have ZERO issue in installing that in any system I build.

Of course, a comprehensive backup routine is needed, no matter what drive it is.
I have tons on backups of important data on multiple hard drives, i don't use ssds for archival, just "hot" storage, and I want some good stuff that will last. I think I will get a 500 gig model of the ssd you recommend, and I assume the best value is above 250 gigs, because the 250 gig version is only 20 dollars cheaper.