[SOLVED] Good internet, fast browsing, but more than 150 ping in games.

Mar 28, 2020
Before the quarantine, our 15 mbps internet speed could handle 3 users without anyone downloading and it would still give me a ping lower than 60.

Since the quarantine, 3 people are still connected and no one is downloading but i had 150++ ping ever since specially during the afternoon. The ping would go down about 1:30 in the morning but i rarely play at that time.

What could be the cause please enlighten me and if ever you have any fix please guide me through. Thanks!

Solution
You may not be able to fix it. All depends where the delay actually is.

Run a tracert to some of the IP addresses you think are the problem and see if you can tell where the problem starts. You likely have to run the command many times to get good data because it runs for such a short time.

Also try some common IP like 8.8.8.8. This ip is actually many servers located in many cities and generally gets very good ping/trace numbers.

You may not be able to do anything about it. Could easily the game companies internet connection.

Run a tracert to some of the IP addresses you think are the problem and see if you can tell where the problem starts. You likely have to run the command many times to get good data because it runs for such a short time.

Also try some common IP like 8.8.8.8. This ip is actually many servers located in many cities and generally gets very good ping/trace numbers.

You may not be able to do anything about it. Could easily the game companies internet connection.

Reactions: jayxmai
Solution
Mar 28, 2020

what can i do with the data that i can gather? thank you for the answer