Good Laptop for University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRAtk94

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm starting Uni in September, and I'll need a laptop to work on during seminars etc. I'm building a new desktop PC to take with me, but obviously I can't carry that around to lectures. :p

So I was wondering, does anyone know of some good, yet cheap laptops? I can't spend much - maybe a maximum of £400, but as low as possible really :p

I was looking at Google's Chromebooks, as they're nice and cheap, yet look nice and would probably suit me. This laptop would be exclusively for work and probably a bit of Facebook and YouTube whilst I'm out and about, but I'd be using my desktop when I get back to my apartment, so it doesn't need to be an all-round powerhouse for watching HD films or gaming etc.

I already use Google Drive, Docs and Gmail, so this might play nicely with the Chromebook.

Any ideas are welcomed and appreciated! :D Thanks in advance.

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Hello,:hello:

There are many laptop which are under $400 but one worth mentioning is Toshiba Satellite L855-S5119 which you can get around $400 in Bestbuy (<-- Click there).

Official Specs - http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/satellite_L855-S5119.pdf

Othere notable mentions are Acer Aspire 5349-2635, HP - Pavilion g7-2323dx, Lenovo - IdeaPad N586 and the Samsung Chromebook. (click on the model number).

You can select any of the model numbers, if you could find any other vendor with the lowest price for the same models then that's great else you can try there. Good luck with the laptop and the whatever your pursuing in the educational field. Cheers,mate!!:sol:

Status
Not open for further replies.