[SOLVED] Good Memory WITHOUT any RGB lighting for 3700x

Jan 31, 2020
Hi there. I'm working on building a video editing system with a Ryzen 3700x and Asus TUF x570 mobo. After researching it for what seems like my entire lifetime I came up with
G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 as a good choice.

But it has RGB lighting which I don't need and would rather not pay for. I can't find a non-RGB version of that memory. I'm looking for advice on how to proceed. The big issue is I've spent so much time and emotional capital finally zeroing in on this RAM that I really don't want to have to do that again so just sticking with this RAM is a top option. On the other hand, I would prefer not to pay for RGB.

If I was better capable of glancing at the CPU and mobo QVL and determining quickly which kits were comparable to the one above it would be easy. But I'm not.

Should I just suck it up and pay extra for RGB with memory I've vetted? Or ask for kit recommendations here and obsess over researching each one. It's be nice if there were just a non-RGB version.

Thanks.

Sorry it didn't come across right I was looking at this kit.

I know you said 3600 but the 3200 cl14 would give about the same performance.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020
Thank you everyone. I need a little time to go over this... some good info there.
For gskill, Trident-Z. Also Patriot Elite, Gskill RipJawsV, Corsair Dominator or Vengeance Pro have non rgb
Thanks for that. I was hoping to find non-RGB that had the exact same specs as the G.Skill Trident Z Neo mentioned in my OP. Otherwise I'll need to do the hours of skimming through all the specs of all the different RAM, check it against the QVL, etc.

I'm a beginner at this. It exhausts me to read hundreds of pages of intricate specs. I'd hoped it was all over when after days of reading I finally decided on the G.Skill Trident Z Neo.

I guess I should just stick with that and not worry about the RGB.

Now if I could only decide between the version in my OP for $190 or, paying $290 for the same 2x16GB 3600 MHz sticks only with better timings and a B-Die. o_O