soggycrouton443

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
specs:
rtx 3070 ti
32gb ddr4 3200mhz dual channel ram
ryzen 7 5800x
1000w gold psu

when i play rust my frames are usually at 80-100 until something with heavy graphics are present, where my fps drops to 40-10. i dont get fps stutters ingame but my fps is very inconsistent.

i've heard rust is bad with optimization but my friends that have similar pc specs can run the game fine with no major fps drops.

overclocking my gpu and cpu seems to have no effect.

cpu usage is around 30% and gpu usage 95-100% whenever my game lags.

playing on lowest settings 1440p. i have to downgrade to 720p for any noticeable difference.

Lutfij

Titan
1000w gold psu
1000W is the advertised wattage for the unit. What is the make and model of the unit?! How old is the PSU?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. BIOS version for your motherboard?

Please elaborate on this loadout.

You might want to run DDU and remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

soggycrouton443

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
1000w gold psu
1000W is the advertised wattage for the unit. What is the make and model of the unit?! How old is the PSU?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. BIOS version for your motherboard?

Please elaborate on this loadout.

You might want to run DDU and remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
The psu is rmx series for atx. I got it only a month ago.

The motherboard is a b550-f rog strix gaming wifi II, bios version 0305 x64.

Not sure what you want me to elaborate on for the ram.

I also installed my latest geforce experience drivers.