good reliable hdd

ciaranmc2011

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello I'm looking a large 2tb hdd and I was wondering could anyone suggest a reliable 7200 rpm well built hard drive with not much failure rate.I'm in the uk and i was looking at amazon but the reviews were horrible on every one i looked at and I wont be buying of scan again first thing i bought was a 1TB toshiba hdd and it failed within a week so there is out of the question so can anyone help me find one or at least recommend one thanks for your help.

I have been buying WD Black drives. After the Thailand floods, most companies cut their warranties back, some to as little as one year. The WD Black drives afaik are the only consumer-drives to have retained a five year warranty.
Of course, ANY drive could arrive DOA, if only because of shipping abuse, but other than one such DOA (quickly replaced), none of the WD Black drives I've bought over the last couple of years has failed.
I also have a pair of slower 2TB Seagate "LP" (same type as WD "Green") drives in a RAID1 that is coming up on two years without a hitch.