[SOLVED] good RPM for NF-A9

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
hi, yesterday the Noctua case fan I ordered has arrived.

after reading the manual a few times, I can choose between 3 fan speeds.. 1600 rpm, 1250 rpm or 1050 rpm? Which speed is best?

4jxd1r.JPG

this is the case where I will put the Noctua. Will replace the stock case fan.

pbrpny.JPG

Solution
Given that this is a Noctua fan, any RPM will be quiet. I'd ask you to experiment and see if the noise gets to you since noise is a subjective topic. Some people are bothered by the turbulence of fan blades and case mesh panels. As for the build, make sure that the cooler's orientation is such that the air from the CPU cooler is venting towards the rear.

Also, that PSU might be very questionable for any build, even if you're on a budget.

Lutfij

Titan
Given that this is a Noctua fan, any RPM will be quiet. I'd ask you to experiment and see if the noise gets to you since noise is a subjective topic. Some people are bothered by the turbulence of fan blades and case mesh panels. As for the build, make sure that the cooler's orientation is such that the air from the CPU cooler is venting towards the rear.

Also, that PSU might be very questionable for any build, even if you're on a budget.

Reactions: Tac 25
Solution

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
ok, will experiment on which speed is best.

no problem about noise, I just want the pc to be cooled properly. There is actually a desk fan beside me right now, that produces more noise than the pc. I'm just worried, using the wrong Noctua speed could cause the case to go hot.

about the CPU cooler... yeah, it's angled in a weird way, because I can't make it face straight... a part of it is being obstructed by the PSU. I will soon replace it with a Snowman which can be put straight. thread for reference https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/please-help-on-proper-cooler-position.3726211/

about the PSU. This is the best one I could get right now... and believe it or not... it's sturdiness has been tested, it has survived a lightning surge that killed an AVR and the former GPU of this pc. Thread for reference. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/lightning-strike-fried-my-gpu-and-avr.3720913/

Last edited: