Good Score in 3D Mark 2005?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
"Multithreading a program takes a hell of a lot of work to keep the bugs out"

Not to mention it does not benefit to make word multithreading. It won't be common ever - it just doesn't make logical sense.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Not to mention it does not benefit to make word multithreading. It won't be common ever - it just doesn't make logical sense.
You chose a <i>really</i> bad example here. Just off the top of my head the spelling and grammar check in a seperate thread can make a <i>huge</i> difference when importing a document. (Especially when importing novels.)

Your argument only holds up <i>if</i> the program is just constantly writing down your key presses. But as programs like Word incorporate more and more realtime editing features, they can definately use more processing power <i>and</i> more threads.

Now something light, like Notepad, <i>that's</i> not worth multithreading.

:evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ :evil:
<font color=red><i>Deal with the Devil. He buys in bulk.</i></font color=red>
@ 197K of 200K!

G

Ahh, yeah, sorry....it's actually in the nV panel (not on RivaTuner, that can be used for LOD tweaking--which destroys IQ but will give you a point boost [not recommended]).

Desktop (right click) -> settings tab -> advanced -> GeForce 7800GTX tab -> performance and quality settings -> View (change to Advanced settings) -> please list these from top to bottom....no need to be detailed (mine are 4x, 16x, HQ, NA, off, trilinear, on, off, single-display mode, off, off, off, off, supersampling, on, allow). Those settings are for the utmost in IQ, changing High Quality to High performance and turning off AA and AF should get you up and around 7300 (my stock score on a 4400+ and a BFG 7800GTX).

butthead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
Yeha I know where that is. I thought you meant that--lol. Yep everything is pretty much as yours is except I have my slider set to teh default setting which is Quality, and I have a GT not a GTX. But I'm swapping that tomorrrw for the BFG GTXOC.

AA= application
Anis. Filt. = application
Image Setting = Quality
Color Profile = none
Vert Sync = application
Force Mipmaps = none
CTC = on
Ext. Limit = off
Hardware Acceleration = Single
Trilinear = on
Anis. mip filter = off
Anis. Sample Opt. = on
Gamma Correct AA = off
Transp. AA = off
Triple Buff. = off
Neg. LOD Bias = Allow

G

You should have low 7k with the GT and mid-high 7k with the GTXOC with those settings....