Good VR for travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter90

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
I have a laptop capable of VR, with I7-7700, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, and all the right ports.

I want a VR headset that I can travel with, so something that doesn't need sensors mounted on the walls. I believe the Microsoft VR headset does this, and I believe HTC Vive needs sensors on the wall.

I'm looking for the highest quality VR headset that I can travel with. Is the Microsoft headset my only real option? Any other thoughts?

Solution
You don't need to mount sensors on the wall to play, you just need sufficient playspace. Given that you have enough room the Vive or Oculus would be fine and setting it up is pretty easy. I have the Oculus and the box that has all your stuff (headset/sensors) has a handle on it for transportation.

WildCard999

Titan
You don't need to mount sensors on the wall to play, you just need sufficient playspace. Given that you have enough room the Vive or Oculus would be fine and setting it up is pretty easy. I have the Oculus and the box that has all your stuff (headset/sensors) has a handle on it for transportation.

Solution
The HTC Vive and Oculus Rift do need the sensors set up, though putting them on the walls isn't really mandatory.

Still, the Windows headsets do have a clear advantage for your usage, as you don't have to bother with setting sensors up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS