[SOLVED] Goodgame Empire

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Hey, so basically I downloaded CoreTemp, and with it it apparently downloaded this GoodGame Empire app. I know it's an adware, I deleted it, scanned my PC for malware/viruses, found three threats but none were related to GoodGame Empire and were some minor issues, quarantined them. I then checked Google Chrome for an extension for GoodGame Empire and there was nothing. Should I be afraid of something or should I be confident I removed the adware? My PC isn't slowed down either.

Solution
Unless you're the one that actually coded the app, there is no telling what it placed on your computer. Anti-virus/anti-malware can only check of known entities. If I were to code something, it's be as unobtrusive as I could possibly make it so no one notices it. The longer it stays hidden, the longer I reap the benefits.

If you're overly concerned about it, format and perform a clean install of the OS.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unless you're the one that actually coded the app, there is no telling what it placed on your computer. Anti-virus/anti-malware can only check of known entities. If I were to code something, it's be as unobtrusive as I could possibly make it so no one notices it. The longer it stays hidden, the longer I reap the benefits.

If you're overly concerned about it, format and perform a clean install of the OS.

-Wolf sends

Solution