Google Announces New Note-taking App 'Google Keep'

Status
Not open for further replies.

killabanks

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
google i love you but why do you have to be so creepy store peoples every move on the "cloud" i bet it doesn't have an offline option

Envinyanta

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Sounds like Google's version of Evernote. Given that Google just terminated Reader (a service I use daily) I'm not sure I'm ready to commit more of my data (and time and energy) into another Google service that exists at the whim of Google. I used to like everything they did, but lately all that they're doing has made me think twice about using anything more from them, and I've started reconsidering other things I use them for.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Just downloaded it and I think its great. I may trade Evernote in for it.
In my humble opinion, people are a bit too paranoid about storing information in the cloud. Especially when it comes to your little notes and honey-dew lists.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Just downloaded it and I think its great. I may trade Evernote in for it.In my humble opinion, people are a bit too paranoid about storing information in the cloud. Especially when it comes to your little notes and honey-dew lists.[/citation]

As a person who has had pre-patent ideas stolen and gone to court over it, I can tell you that yes it does make a difference.

Keep your info out of the cloud. Even if it is just personal notes or "honey-dew" lists, these things are peeped on and monetized by the facilitators, and that is the best case scenario before getting into IP theft and human rights violations. They shouldn't have the right, and the only way to fight it is to not use it.

MPrice

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I created a simple, free note taking service a while ago called Cloud Sticky Notes (www.cloudstickynotes.com). It syncs sticky notes on PC, Linux and Mac. It does have an offline option but who really wants that (defeats the purpose). If Google Keep is implemented well I might just turn my service off. I haven't advertised my app in anyway but it grows everyday showing that there is a huge market for a good note taking/syncing service.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]As a person who has had pre-patent ideas stolen and gone to court over it, I can tell you that yes it does make a difference.Keep your info out of the cloud. Even if it is just personal notes or "honey-dew" lists, these things are peeped on and monetized by the facilitators, and that is the best case scenario before getting into IP theft and human rights violations. They shouldn't have the right, and the only way to fight it is to not use it.[/citation]
Are you write down your 'pre-patent ideas' on Post-it notes and then post them on your monitor, where everyone can 'peeped' them. If you do that your ideas weren't stolen ... you share them.

Keep is replacement for Post-it notes, not to replace your Personal Diary or your Inventor's Log Book.

And people who are refusing to try the Keep, because Google is shutting down Reader, are like 5 year old spoil child who is refusing to play with other kids because he/she didn't get what he/she want.

Coen Zwarts

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Solved the "error occurred" loop:
In the search box I entered a string that couldn't be found en hit Return
A message appeared "Your notes have been stored"
And the error loop was broken.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
[citation][nom]Envinyanta[/nom]Sounds like Google's version of Evernote. Given that Google just terminated Reader (a service I use daily) I'm not sure I'm ready to commit more of my data (and time and energy) into another Google service that exists at the whim of Google. I used to like everything they did, but lately all that they're doing has made me think twice about using anything more from them, and I've started reconsidering other things I use them for.[/citation]

I agree. I am not a fan of cloud anything, and this is just one of the myriad reasons why.

[citation][nom]janetonly42[/nom]Don't trust the Cloud or Google who is in bed with the fascist left aka Obama Hussein's regime.[/citation]

There is a lot to complain about with Obama, but I don't think that fascism is one of the issues. I also don't see how we can call it a regime really since he has less power than even the Congress.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]There is a lot to complain about with Obama, but I don't think that fascism is one of the issues. I also don't see how we can call it a regime really since he has less power than even the Congress.[/citation]

Now you know that janetonly42 doesn't know the meaning of "fascism" or "regime"

Sofye

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Nice article, really interesting.
Personally, my essential app in business is Beesy. For me is the best note taking app: http://www.beesapps.com/beesy-testimonials-best-note-taking-app/. It's a great tool for my everyday life at work, help to sort out and don't forget a thing on my differents projects. Very useful also in meeting with I can import, make annotation and share my files with people. Take note and send minutes at the end of the meeting by mail very quickly and easily.

I discovered this tool on Trunk Evernote, so I think it's can be interesting.

Sofye

Status
Not open for further replies.