Google Brings Static Rooms Alive With Tracking Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Well since Google is in bed with the Fascist/Marxist Obama regime this does not surprise me. Just ask the food Nazi Mayor Bloomberg of NYC.[/citation]

John_4 could explain me how someone can Fascist and Marxist at the same time? Because you are on a revolutionary concept here. I don't really give an interest to Obama regime as I'm not american, but the very idea of him being at the same time Fascist AND Marxist really wake me up. Please show me!

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Well since Google is in bed with the Fascist/Marxist Obama regime this does not surprise me. Just ask the food Nazi Mayor Bloomberg of NYC.[/citation]

Please pardon John_4 since he's a dummy.

Hey John_4: Did you know Bush administration spied on Americans without warrant? Did you know that ATT created data backroom for Bush administration spies so they can tap any customer info they want without court order they're supposed to go through? https://www.eff.org/nsa/faq/
This article doesn't even mention Google cooperating with Obama administration like ATT did with Bush administration.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]altriss[/nom]John_4 could explain me how someone can Fascist and Marxist at the same time? Because you are on a revolutionary concept here. I don't really give an interest to Obama regime as I'm not american, but the very idea of him being at the same time Fascist AND Marxist really wake me up. Please show me![/citation]

Yea, they call them Faxist =P

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007

So you actually think he's a extreme right-wing / extreme left-wing regime? That's just so ... stupid. I don't mean to belittle your opinion, but I can't think of any other way to describe it.

Now you are smart enough to realize that all governments do some sort of espionage on their own people, be it keeping tax records / criminal records to wire-taps and actual spying on certain individuals of interest. Don't like it? Go live in the forest, using barter for everything and wearing tinfoil under your hat.

As far as the actual article, interesting concept but other than art galleries and interactive museums, I just cannot see this being useful for anything. Yes it would be kinda cool to have blue dots on the floor tracking / showing me to an office for an interview, but I doubt anybody would spend the money needed to upgrade their building. That may just be me being cheap though.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Yea, they call them Faxist =P[/citation]
I deeply like both of your explanation! You make me believe that an entire universe of what I thought were impossible concepts, such as dry water, cold fire, black light and so on, is possible!
I don't regret that google post!

Seriously, maybe in ten years some real application will come from this but for now expect for the demonstration I don't really get the point. Someone has an idea of what use this could be for? In some Science-fiction world I can see some Big Brother system following everyone's moves, but in the real world where a kinnect find hard to follow expected gestures from you, what can we do of it? Maybe by following some special people such as the one in wheelchairs this system could help them by showing them the easy access way. But I doubt it.
And I agree with QEFX, it will be too much expensive at first, so I don't think even the most paranoid of us should be afraid of it^^

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... Google Brings Static Rooms Alive With Tracking Cameras... because they didn't find other ways to brag in public about google's capabilities to track...

[citation][nom]altriss[/nom]John_4 could explain me how someone can Fascist and Marxist at the same time? Because you are on a revolutionary concept here. I don't really give an interest to Obama regime as I'm not american, but the very idea of him being at the same time Fascist AND Marxist really wake me up. Please show me![/citation]

To be fair, Facism and Marxism aren't mutually exclusive as many think; it isn't a left/right-wing comparison. Marxism defines an economic ideology while facism is a social ideology. Unfortunately both ultimately leads to a police state anyway, however.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]To be fair, Facism and Marxism aren't mutually exclusive as many think; it isn't a left/right-wing comparison. Marxism defines an economic ideology while facism is a social ideology. Unfortunately both ultimately leads to a police state anyway, however.[/citation]
To be truly honest with you my question was mostly rhetoric. I must disagree with you as Marxism isn't an economic ideology. Indeed it at it very basis a social ideology based on an equal access to the global production for everyone. Then there are of course economical effects, but they are side effects not objectives. Secondly Marxism doesn't leads ultimately to a police state, don't mistake Marxism and Communism.
Then our friend of the first quote was definitely giving the proof of its own ignorance.
Anyway, the topic here is google system, isn't it? No need to go so far into political speculations^^

[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]Huh?? I am already stepping on virtual crazy rabbits all over the floor in my living room with Kinect + Raving Rabbids....last year.ZZzzzz....[/citation]
I would like to say that even if the Kinnect works fine with one player in a 10 cubes-meters, it is definitely something else than following many people deployments in a room, don't you think so?

Status
Not open for further replies.