Google: China is World's 'Most Sophisticated, Prolific Hacker'

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]China is World's 'Most Sophisticated, Prolific Hacker'I bet the Russians beg to differ.[/citation]

Some Chinese hackers are hired by their government. Let's see if a Russian mob can match that.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
US government enjoys the fact that they can obtain any information by just sending an letter. China does the same thing by hacking into their computers.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]US government enjoys the fact that they can obtain any information by just sending an letter. China does the same thing by hacking into their computers.[/citation]

US: "We have a warrant."

China: "Nu uh! It was simply a bunch of script kiddies! We didn't steal anything!"

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]US: "We have a warrant."China: "Nu uh! It was simply a bunch of script kiddies! We didn't steal anything!"[/citation]
More like

US: We have a warrant.

China : Okay? And?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Why don't USA hack them back? It's not like we have a shortage of skilled hackers.[/citation]

Because there's nothing to steal.

techinator9000

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
In other news, water runs downhill and apples fall down.

Whatya mean nothing to steal? We gotta steal intel on what they stole from us. XD

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Pirates are just drops of water in the vast ocean of digital information, Chinese hackers are storm they create much damage, but corporate media giants and Governments are more busy containing these insignificant drops of water.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Why don't USA hack them back? It's not like we have a shortage of skilled hackers.[/citation]

Ever walked thru Silicon Valley during lunchtime ?
Not many good ol' american faces there !

Our schools are too busy preparing the next generation of NFL and NBA material instead of engineers.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I don't understand how they can think it will lead anywhere good. This is symptomatic of a scenario where you have narrow minded leaders with too much power and who are more interested in their own immediate benefit than the prosperity of their country. They should go look at the most peaceful progressive countries in the world and see how prosperity is being built from the bottom up. That's a good model. Not these childish schoolyard tactics.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Google: China is World's 'Most Sophisticated, Prolific Hacker'
And yet China made tablets and phones have the biggest share of use of Android software.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]techinator9000[/nom]In other news, water runs downhill and apples fall down.Whatya mean nothing to steal? We gotta steal intel on what they stole from us. XD[/citation]
Cheers for predicting the demise of apples!

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Just switch to Mac. I'm not saying that Mac OS X is un-hackable, but at least you're safe from Chinese Hackers.

All Mac users in China wipes out Mac OS X and run Windows XP on it (only until just now they began using Windows 7). Nobody in China knows how to use Mac OS X, let alone hack it.

Even Apple authorized resellers & service centers run Windows XP on their cashier iMacs.

Again, I'm not saying that Mac OS X is un-hackable, but at least you're safe from Chinese Hackers.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
You guys really think US government didn't do the same thing (hacking) to other countries or companies in secret??!!

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
[citation][nom]Avus[/nom]You guys really think US government didn't do the same thing (hacking) to other countries or companies in secret??!![/citation]

To other governments yes (say Israel). But they don't constantly try to break into businesses and every email account in the country. I'm constantly getting messages from email providers (gmail notably) that someone from China is trying to access my account. At least when our government does it it does it for national security reasons (right or wrong). When China does it, it's to harass everyday people.

Status
Not open for further replies.