Google Chrome Now Has 200 Million Users

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdwii

Splendid
lol I don't believe this I just switched from chrome because of how shitty it is, Ad block barely worked and got annoyed of having to click off full screen popup windows...

This is true chrome has a bad pop up blocker but Google gets its money from ad's.

But to be honest its the fastest most stable browser i ever used i came from IE-Opera-Google Chrome, Google was second by putting gpu acceleration(IE first) in their browser and they were the first to make a multithreaded browser(may still be the only one). Google is climbing very fast in market share.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
i never get popups but then again im on IE, i have chrome AND firfox as well but i never use either, there isnt much difference. (i saw multiple complaints about popups etc) but chrome isnt bad just not better than anything else.

jdwii

Splendid
You haven't tried the latest firefox updates, have you? The screen real estate is now about the same. As is the speed. Firefox also has sync.

Everything can be boiled down to that Firefox now has got all the things that previously made many people choose Chrome over FF and it still retains the superior plug-in functionallity!
I think lots of people, like you, haven't realized this yet!

I've always hated Firefox i don't know why. Just wait until next time Google has more money and resources and probably better knowledge on how the web works it wont be long until they beat Firefox by .00000001ms.

jdwii

Splendid
i never get popups but then again im on IE, i have chrome AND firfox as well but i never use either, there isnt much difference. (i saw multiple complaints about popups etc) but chrome isnt bad just not better than anything else.

IE 9 messes up a lot compared to chrome and even Firefox. It's slower and skips and anyways Google chrome has flash integrated in it know need to download it. another cool thing about it.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
If Firefox would be able to use more than 1 CPU / 1 Core, then I would consider it. For instance if I close firefox with 20 tabs open, then start the application again, it will only use 1 core to reload all the tabs!! Come on Firefox I believe..

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]If Firefox would be able to use more than 1 CPU / 1 Core, then I would consider it. For instance if I close firefox with 20 tabs open, then start the application again, it will only use 1 core to reload all the tabs!! Come on Firefox I believe..[/citation]
Yet for some reason Chrome still takes longer to load up my tabs then Firefox does...

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Only reason is because 99% of software out there forces Chrome down your throat and seeing how 90% of people just click next next next finish, thats how its gotten this far

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]If Firefox would be able to use more than 1 CPU / 1 Core, then I would consider it. For instance if I close firefox with 20 tabs open, then start the application again, it will only use 1 core to reload all the tabs!! Come on Firefox I believe..[/citation]

i like that, because there are programs that will suck everything you throw at it. would i want to 100% my processor because some ass on the internet coded a web page and it became the newest thing to send people a link to? or browser crashs, do i want it to 100% my computer. chrome isnt really multicore, each browser is its own instance, so if one browser crashes it spikes 1 core.

i can imagine a website that had loading on it, and it would load SLOW but be a web version of furmark, can you imagine what that would to the people who buy dells?

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Switched to Chrome from IE9 a few months ago ... I'll never look back.

Seriously IE9 blows compared to Chrome. So many pages don't load properly or take too long load. It may be a non-issue if you've got a fast internet connection, but I'm on DSL and IE was sloooooooooow.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I use all three anyway & I have not had much problems at all from any of them. I have gone to Mozilla's Aurora though & that is good, very good, even excellent to use instead of Google's Chrome. I would try to have Mozilla's Aurora as the only browser though, incase of conflicts within the operating system. Mozilla's Aurora is faster than Mozilla's Firefox & Google's Chrome.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

well then i guess its good that i hve IE 8. My stupid laptop has been harassing me to update to IE 9 for months now, you would think with all the genius that goes into computers that they would realize that when i click no i do not want to update that it means NO, I DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE and it would stop asking. but no, every time my computer turns off and i turn it back on again, HEY U WANNA UPDATE NOW? HOW ABOUT NOW? NOW? COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. OH, YOU DONT? OKAY ILL ASK LATER! ugh. bt i dont want to turn off windows update either, even though it wont come up with any new updates until i get this one all downloaded, yay limited data!

Status
Not open for further replies.