Question Google Chrome Password Manager won't load on my tablet ?

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I have Chrome on my PC, Phone and Tablet... and never had an issue with it. I forget a password, no worries, go into the Password Manager where it's saved, search for it and can find it. It auto-fills when using Chrome but in cases like my tablet where I'm using a Facebook app not website, I need to copy/paste the password in.

Anyways... today, on my tablet the Password Manager is not loading. The small circle shows up, turns a few times, then hangs. Eventually (after a minute or more) it usually says
"Google Play Services not working" and closes.

Initially I cleared cache, uninstalled updates and reinstalled, restarted etc... finally decided I'm not losing anything so did a factory reset. Same issue.

Any ideas? Maybe just simply a case of last update not compatible with what I have?

My tablet is a Lenovo YogaTab3 10", but since they stopped OS updates years ago and left us with a really awful version of 7.x... I installed Lineage OS. Been running it 3yrs no issues. now on Lineage 18.1xxx, Android 11.

Found a few threads (like this one) and all the same... Google locks them, gives no solution.

Dec 26, 2022
what iv learned on pc and any other device you should have a app for all passwords. I use NordPass which is pretty secure. chrome or any other password manager sucks cause hackers can see your key logs and passwords in the password manager. So i would recommend getting NordPass

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Well... good advice but also didn't help for the particular situation.

Oddly, despite clearing cache for it, and doing a factory reset and reinstalling everything, it still didn't work UNTIL I cleared all data for Google Play Services. Not sure why or how that works, maybe a factory reset didn't clear all the files? But that seemed to fix it.

NordPass wise... I know it's only like $3/m but still too much for my cheap a$$. I know many free ones out there too but seem to be 1 device only else gotta pay. I need it for my PC/Laptop/Phone/Tablet.