Google Chrome won't load pages on the first try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2018
I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. Google Chrome won't load pages from my start screen, nor from typing in a url and hitting enter. I get the

"This site can’t be reached
The webpage at http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Search Google for tomshardware forum
ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED"

message when I try to go to a page. I have to hit enter a few more times and the page will finally load. It's frustrating. What's going on here?

Solution
I've got the same problem but on both IE and Chrome and on two computers- a desktop and my laptop that wasn't connected at home. Neither one is letting me even type yahoo.com to go to yahoo like Ive done a hundred times. Both just sit and spin and don't load. Typed in a couple other sites, same thing. Tried those on my phone, and they load. What gives? Did something get corrupted by the Comcast outage?? I've never had this problem before. To get to some websites I now have to get to a working search engine, type in where I want to go, wait for the search and then click on the web page that pops up. Ridiculous! I even tried switching DNS servers to googles and a open one. Didn't help. What's going on? Tried reloading the browsers and...
Jun 30, 2018
I've got the same problem but on both IE and Chrome and on two computers- a desktop and my laptop that wasn't connected at home. Neither one is letting me even type yahoo.com to go to yahoo like Ive done a hundred times. Both just sit and spin and don't load. Typed in a couple other sites, same thing. Tried those on my phone, and they load. What gives? Did something get corrupted by the Comcast outage?? I've never had this problem before. To get to some websites I now have to get to a working search engine, type in where I want to go, wait for the search and then click on the web page that pops up. Ridiculous! I even tried switching DNS servers to googles and a open one. Didn't help. What's going on? Tried reloading the browsers and rebooting the PC's to no avail. Help!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.