Google Copied Even More From Oracle for Android

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

and somewhere in a dark alley another patent attorney cackles manically and dreams of more money to be made from creating nothing!

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]alikum[/nom]Well .... it's open source, is it not?[/citation]

Java is not open source...and it doesn't matter it Android is, if it contains proprietary Java code owned by Oracle.

[citation][nom]digitalvampire[/nom]It is still beyond me why ANYONE would base ANYTHING on the joke that is Java. Google developers should know better, and especially for an embedded product.[/citation]

Most blu-ray players run java based software...

[citation][nom]goonigoogoo[/nom]Agreed.Java is a joke, Oracle ... move on, no one cares about what you do.[/citation]

Again....most blu-ray players run java based software...even some web-enabled TV's use java based software.

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
This article is so misinforming I can't resist correcting it.

The files found where license documents which got there by accident somehow and have since been removed.

The initial lawsuit was a complete miss as those files turned out to be completely different.

IMHO I think Oracle are just taking as many jabs as they can at Google and hope more news sources report their new lawsuits than those of which reports their failed ones.

Basically Oracle consists of a bunch of jerks trying to kill open source software projects and make Google look bad. Thanks to articles like these they even somewhat succeed in doing so.

THG, please report the full story.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Article is a fail, but it cracks me up how people here keep saying Java is a joke and irrelevant, the internet would not be what it is today w/o Java.

Status
Not open for further replies.