Google Could Be Hit With A Large Fine In Android Antitrust Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

passivecool

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
I don't care what they preinstall, really. What irks me is all the stuff you can't get rid of (by normal means): play books, play movies, play games, play music, youtube ... :p
Then all the samsung cr*p. I think 2/3 of all the apps on my note is stuff i don't want.

I would be very pleased if this suit forces change to this industry ... is it a "policy", or a "disease"?

jacksmith21006

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Google made it so people that could not afford an iPhone can have a great smartphone by giving Android away for free.

Google just needs to start charging for Android and problem solved. Then credit back when include the Google Services.

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I think it's disgusting that the EU keeps milking US technology giants for quick paydays. Google should tell the EU to go piss up a rope. I double dog dare you to try to block Google from Europe.

thejanitor

Commendable
Apr 7, 2017
Sounds familiar. Remember when Microsoft was sued for packaging Internet Explorer exclusively with Windows? I guess Google thought they were above being sued for the same thing...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Google's business model (and internal practices) but this is just the EU making a cashgrab like they did with MS.

I do agree with Passive though, they make it hard to uninstall a lot of Google/OEM crapware. With Windows handsets I could uninstall almost everything that was preloaded (aside from essential software that you need for the phone to function), without rooting. That's one thing that really needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS