Google Developing A.I. Search Technology For Intelligent PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Kurzweil you ROCK! (and your synths do too). I never understood that he's quoted here and there and their synthetizers are not mentioned.

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
My theory is that if you look at your programming, your DNA, it's about 600 megabytes compressed, so it's smaller than any modern operating system, smaller than Linux or Windows or anything like that [...]
The key word here is 'compressed'. DNA includes what are essentially instructions for how to build the computational engine of the brain, but when the structures that it encodes for coalesce, they create something with far more informational ability than the DNA that created those structures.

I don't think the two can be compared in this way, since the brain essentially IS hardware as far as I know - hardware that is its own software.

Okay, I'll be honest, this was partly just an excuse to comment on a Ray Kurzweil article - I love the guy :p

harrisonford_17

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I think the guys at Google have no idea of the width and breath of the brains abilities judging by their narrow minded statements, the magic in the brain is just crazy.
A great mind can make or do anything without limits.
The only limit of a great mind is the others person to understand the great mind, because of their limited abilities of the weaker mind and the ability of the weaker mind to call a brilliant mind a name.
Weakens the brilliant mind with doubt and crippling it with other junk.

harrisonford_17

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I think the guys at Google have no idea of the width and breath of the brains abilities judging by their narrow minded statements, the magic in the brain is just crazy.
A great mind can make or do anything without limits.
The only limit of a great mind is the others person to understand the great mind, because of their limited abilities of the weaker mind and the ability of the weaker mind to call a brilliant mind a name.
Weakens the brilliant mind with doubt and crippling it with other junk.

harrisonford_17

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
The best known problem is making start weapon systems for the military with AI,
Simple, they don't know the question, and can't answer it.
Google if your looking for AI so called, looked for the right question and you will find the answer,
By the way it is simple, it is in a very old system and google search engine is retarded, mentally of that type.
And you make money on it.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Skynet....[/citation]

When will people (or algorithms) STOP projecting these ludicrous stupidities?
Terminator is NOT an indication of real life... its a MOVIE - made by people who know next to nothing about human behavior or how technology works in the first place.

Movies like the Terminator only serve to scare people away from technology.
Its ludicrous.... people fear that it will somehow turn on us and kill us.
Ugh... people... please, but please for your own sake, educate yourself on how technology works and stop catering to the movie industry whose main purpose is mindless entertainment that does little/nothing to educate people.

jamesfraser

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
This ambitious project of Kurzweil is interesting and something to look forward to. Technology really excites me a LOT...This is nothing that we should get frightened of. :)

James

G

Oh welll I'd love to see this project push through and let's see if it really works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS