Google Develops Hardware Accelerated Chrome UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous_user

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
If it departs from GTK, does that mean it will no longer have an integrated appearance in Linux? I really like that it has the option of using the system theme and icons. It makes it look much more like a native application.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Finally!!! Chrome feels very slow when I have more than 50 tabs opened. I think hardware acceleration is there in FF since its 3rd version.

kaisellgren

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
I hope this means that we get better tab management. I hate having 30+ tabs open, and I especially hate launching the browser with those tabs as it tries to load all of them at the same time. Plus, this should mean better hardware acceleration in general which is welcome because Chrome is lagging behind IE and Fx in terms of hardware acceleration.

Ichy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
hardware accelerations is great and all, but I would like to see a more robust download manager. One with the capabaility to pause downloads, close the browser, and still be able to resume the download. If their is a extension for this, please let me know. I do feel that even if the later is true, it should still be a built in function- FF has something similar btw.

Ichy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
[citation][nom]ichy[/nom]with the capabaility to pause downloads, close the browser, and still be able to resume the download[/citation]
Stupid none editable comments- the last part isn't to clear. I ment being able to resume the download after the browser had been reopened. say in the instance of a crash, the browswer closes while downloading a file. Once one reopens their browser, the dl has to start over from scratch- very annoying.

TheGuardian

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Finally!!! Chrome feels very slow when I have more than 50 tabs opened. I think hardware acceleration is there in FF since its 3rd version.[/citation]
When does GPU acceleration ever slow something down??

Status
Not open for further replies.