Google Earth Open Sources the Cool Liquid Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
That was really neat. That joystick looked ridiculously sensitive though, he was barely even touching it and the screens were flying past.

G

@Proxy711
The bezels arent that big, they've just got a large gap between the displays, you can see it when he's typing on they keyboard...dunno why they have a gap between them though

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
You would think they would get their demo running smoother....that seemed choppy as hell to me....hopefully it is just due to the recording.....

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Proxy711[/nom]Cool but bad choice on the TVs, the large bezel ruins the whole experience.[/citation]
They are the windows in your space ship and you are looking out, there you go experience enhanced even more.

MattPenner

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
Did this remind anyone else of Circle-Vision from Disney? That was back in 1967. No, I was not alive then (I'm 33), but I got dragged to one when I was like 7.

Anyway, this is really neat, but it's really funny when technology re-invents something from over 40 years ago. :)

Accidental

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Not interested in clunky hardware, I want retina displays.[/citation]

Please stop using 'Retina Display'. Clueless people think this is some type of new display technology. A 'retina' display is simply a screen with a high DPI. It can be OLED, LCD, Plasma etc.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]accidental[/nom]Please stop using 'Retina Display'. Clueless people think this is some type of new display technology. A 'retina' display is simply a screen with a high DPI. It can be OLED, LCD, Plasma etc.[/citation]
I would hope he is referring to implanted displays in front of our retinas.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Unfortunately little you can do about bezels unless screen manufacturers can finally build some thin bezels! Much worse on TV monitors than PC but not by much. :p

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]accidental[/nom]Please stop using 'Retina Display'. Clueless people think this is some type of new display technology. A 'retina' display is simply a screen with a high DPI. It can be OLED, LCD, Plasma etc.[/citation]

You want retina display. Just stand far enough from the tv so that your eyes can't distinguish one pixel from the other. I'm sure there are websites that will help you do the math.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Google is Google they do stuff, no body else would think of, they simply bring more innovation to the industry, hope they continue there good work.....

Way to go Google.

RaZZ3R

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
You would think they would get their demo running smoother....that seemed choppy as hell to me....hopefully it is just due to the recording.....

It's not that easy to render 8 HD screens, we are talking about 15.360*8.640, thats a waping 132.710.400 pixels on all the screens. Maybe they should turn of AA. Could this be the next: Can it play ... Google Earth ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.