Google-funded Study Found Chrome to be Safest Browser

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
so where is the Mozilla paid study?

seriously, there should be an independent party that test/benchmark safety of all the browsers.

G

It all depends on how you prioritize the things you test, or if you just add them all up. I'm pretty sure that if you can make malware "conquer" ASLR, then sandboxing isn't going to stop you either.

synkig

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
LoL, Since the report is commissioned by Google, they will test from the aspects which are good for chrome.
I insist IE is the most secure browser. That why I’d rather use IE or IE based browsers like Avant browser and Maxthon.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Its kinda sad how we cant ever have unbiased review of anything AT ALL nowadays... games/movies/products are all skewed reviews all over... hell even I start to fear user reviews.

G

In other news, a Republican funded study finds Christianity the most open-minded religion.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Precisely the reason that I've been shying away from the almighty god G$$gle these past few years. Integrity is something G$$gle used to have. Like M$ and crApple before them, they are out to take over the world.

G

Mindcraft much Google? (sic Microsoft sponsored OS stability study performed by Mindcraft circa 1999)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]applefairyboy[/nom]I'm glad I don't have to worry about this stuff because I have a Mac and Mac's don't get viruses.[/citation]

No, I am not commenting on this; I promise; I will be quiet; shutting up now. seriously.
I'll do the Bart Simpson... detention... writing 100 times "I shall not make jokes about MACs and Virus attacks".

Aaaaah, feeling better now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS