Google Further Details Project Glass Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

endif

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Why even bother with a touch pad when you know that ANYONE who buys something like this will have an Android, iOS, or WP8 device on them at all times. Bluetooth chips are super small now, and you can offload a LOT of your processing to your phone or tablet instead of limiting yourself to whatever hardware you can fit into eyeglass frames. You will also end up reducing size/weight to increase comfort. Project Glass (although very cool!) would be useless if it is too uncomfortable to wear.

szbxa

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
shows the quality of google as a company, instead of opting for maximum profit, they go to each and every cellphone maker to keep them involved, samsung, LG and now motorola, keeps everyone in the game to ultimately encourage competition and benefit the consumer.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
At Walmart optical sometime around 2023:
Optician: "Alright Mr. ___ so I recommend the anti-scratch and anti-glare coating on these lenses"
Me: "Yes, I'll have those"
Optician: "I also recommend the embedded gOptic system" (get it..."gOptic" - "g" for Google - the "i" years are far gone)
Me: "has it been updated to the Raspberry Cheesecake? (will Android already be on "R" by 2023?)
Optician: "Absolutely - it comes with the 3Dvision GPS"
Me: "yeah I need that, I'll get it also, thanks"

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]jahrasta311[/nom]Walmart? Really?[/citation]
Walmart is a HUGE chain that can help you get your product out there. Microsoft saw part of those effects when it 1st launched surface without help from Walmart and other stores.

If you can't get the product in question out to the consumer on a everyday level, then the masses will not know about it as most people are not in the know about brand new tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.