Google Increases Rewards for Bug Catchers...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Actually a clever tactic as it is far less expensive to pay the bug catchers than setting aside employees for the task. Think about it, the employee costs money, no matter if he/she finds a bug or not.
An outsider will think 'outside the box'; and get paid only if he/she finds something.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I could imagine a Google employee purposely slipping in bugs and informing his/her partner about it. Imagine the extra salary.[/citation]
Then you can imagine the google employee being terminated, having their benifits revoked for defrauding / embezzling, then going to "federal pound you in the ass" prison...

This is crowd sourcing at its finest.

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I could imagine a Google employee purposely slipping in bugs and informing his/her partner about it. Imagine the extra salary.[/citation]
Dude, just reading your comments makes me ROFL. You are pretty good with catching every negative side and slapping it on the forums. I guess you picked your name pretty well. I usually thumb you up just for the negative spin.
On this one, however, I have to give the point to dalethepcman. Just because this system is so much in the open nobody can expect to do that and get away with it. And we all know by now how sweet is to be a Google employee.....

Actually - putting a bounty on bugs is a pretty damn good idea. Kind of like the old west with outlaws.

Why don't more companies do this? Of course I also see the flip side of how a relesed product shouldn't have major bugs (hah!).

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Most companies don't release a product with a billion dollars worth of bugs in it[/citation]

Or, they're so cheap that they couldn't bother bug-checking in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.