G

With 13" late 2011 MBP stock config :
safari 6: 7710
Chrome 21: 11807
FF Nightly 17a: 7133

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
So... forgive me if I'm being cynical here...

Google created a Browser Benchmark Program that makes it's own Chrome Browser come out at #1 on all tests all the time?

There's no conflict of interests or anything here, right?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Let me guess; if I run it I will get the best result with the Chrome Browser ?
Just another example of a product not being in contact with day-to-day users.

My clients rarely complain about the browser SPEED. They complain about problems opening a site or a website looking funny in one browser but ok in another.

How about we first make all browsers render content identically, THEN we can see who does it the fastest !!

ddukki

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Let me guess; if I run it I will get the best result with the Chrome Browser ?Just another example of a product not being in contact with day-to-day users.My clients rarely complain about the browser SPEED. They complain about problems opening a site or a website looking funny in one browser but ok in another.How about we first make all browsers render content identically, THEN we can see who does it the fastest !![/citation]
I believe this was to benchmark the browser speed. If I'm not mistaken V8, which is what Octane is supposed to replace, never claimed to do anything about rendering HTML / CSS correctly. Methinks this test was meant for in-house testing before they released it publicly.

8278 on Chrome [i3 M370, 8GB RAM]

G

Waterfox 14: 9998
Chrome 22: 21039

Windows 7 x64
i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
32 gigs of ram
Radeon HD 7970 Oced to 1.2GHz

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Most of the JS code used is available in clear text. So if your suspicious that Google rigged the test, you could search the code for places where it would check for the browser's user agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.