Google Intros Fast Flip for Reading News Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

works well, seems to me its just cuts of pages linked if you click on them, or web-snippets, i can see me using this if it becomes context and location based..hopefully integrating into google home page

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I wish it would flip through the pages of articles instead it just flips through graphical representations of the articles and you have to click on them to follow the link to the full article.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Flip through, and open in new tab what needed, and flip between tabs. That's what I've always done, and have liked the versions that displayed only titles, until they began to put misleading titles :p

G

It'd be nice to add the google fastflip link to the article:
http://fastflip.googlelabs.com/

Looks great! At least google got things right!
Give me small to no ads, and fast browsing.
MS got the whole idea wrong.. Most people don't want popups, banners, malware, images, or flash video's in their search for their favorite website!

onsiteone

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
For some reason I still prefer the news.google.com website layout since it's all text with headlines - i'm able to skim through the news much quicker in that top-down fashion. for me the fastclip thumbnails on the thumbnail page are too small and the page where you flip through each full-size article front page requires more eye movement to locate the headlines as each page is flipped through. ah well. but it's cool. Google is still awesome in my book. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.