Google Issues Security Alert for IE Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Translation: Don't use IE9 when it comes out this week - use Google Chrome.

AKA - A poorly veiled advertisement.

I'm no IE fan, but Google seriously needs to relax and just worry about their own products.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Also - why is Google afraid to say FACEBOOK?

See, it's not that hard!

FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

Or more likely, Farmville? Everyone knows Farmville is compiling our Facebook status updates to brainwash our shopping tendencies.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]it looks like google created the bug, lol[/citation]
Looks like you have no clue what you're talking about. Or didn't read the article at all. Or both.

Clever advertising on Google's part, though. However, they failed to realize that people fall into one of 2 categories: 1) those who already don't use IE, and 2) those who don't care about security even if you were to hack their Facebook and send them a message from themselves. As long as they can water their crops, they don't care who has their passwords.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Google are such weasels, what? they think I can see right through them? this is just publicity for their shitty google chrome browser and to shit on IE

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Google should worry about their own garbage browser and less about MS. FF sucks too since he can't handle Flash.[/citation]
You post nothing but negative garbage on here and on ESPN. Just in case you didn't know that LOL

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Google are such weasels, what? they think I can see right through them? this is just publicity for their shitty google chrome browser and to shit on IE[/citation]
So if a web developer told you that IE actually sucks in everything from experience...you would think I was out to get IE? lol

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]FF sucks too since he can't handle Flash.[/citation]
Firefox won't ship with closed-source plugins. You must install Flash on your own and at your risk.

Tip: if IE is as vulnerable as Google claims then Flash alone is 5x as much as vulnerable.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Or don't use IE. Download Firefox instead. It has a 64-bit browser, at least in BETA (called Minefield). Most computers that come out today run on a 64-bit OS. a 32-bit browser works, but it doesn't make use of your computer's full potential. Oh, and Adobe has a version of Flash for this as well. Do your research. Problem solved.

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Or don't use IE. Download Firefox instead. It has a 64-bit browser, at least in BETA (called Minefield). Most computers that come out today run on a 64-bit OS. a 32-bit browser works, but it doesn't make use of your computer's full potential. Oh, and Adobe has a version of Flash for this as well. Do your research. Problem solved.[/citation]

Um IE has had a 64bit browser since IE8 if I remmeber correctly. And I have used it before.

Still It doesn't say which version of IE is affected but I am going to go out on a limb and say IE8 and lower since IE9 is not technically official.

So I laugh at Google and honestly, Chrome is meh. I have tried it. I am not a fan of it since Google likes to install other awesome stuff like Google Update that CONSTANTLY runs in the background. Talk about a security hole.

Either way. I am fine with IE9 and FF 4.

robd007

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
there was an article explaining why the 64-bit version of IE wasnt not nearly as fast as the 32-bit version...not sure if that holds true for FF

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Um IE has had a 64bit browser since IE8 if I remmeber correctly. And I have used it before.Still It doesn't say which version of IE is affected but I am going to go out on a limb and say IE8 and lower since IE9 is not technically official.So I laugh at Google and honestly, Chrome is meh. I have tried it. I am not a fan of it since Google likes to install other awesome stuff like Google Update that CONSTANTLY runs in the background. Talk about a security hole.Either way. I am fine with IE9 and FF 4.[/citation]

Yeah, well, IE 8 is the current version so that doesn't say much.

Yeah, the MS alert says that it is across all windows platforms, which me all versions of IE.

I love the fanboi's around here. FF sucks, Chrome sucks, IE sucks. Why don't you people get a life. I use IE, because everytime I install one of the others, it doesn't do what it was advertised to do (for me). If I have to do a bit of extra work to keep IE clean, so be it.

Zomby

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]who the hell uses IE ????[/citation]

Most people do actually. Including tech savvy people, unlike what some people whant to think. Just because someone prefers a specific browser doesn't mean every other one sucks. I've been a web developper for years and I can tell you that every single browser suck at something.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Or don't use IE. Download Firefox instead. It has a 64-bit browser, at least in BETA (called Minefield). Most computers that come out today run on a 64-bit OS. a 32-bit browser works, but it doesn't make use of your computer's full potential. Oh, and Adobe has a version of Flash for this as well. Do your research. Problem solved.[/citation]
Like Jimmy said IE8 comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, on Windows 7 64-bit it came with both. I use the 32-bit version cuz Adobe promised a final 64-bit version at some point in the future (about a year ago) and it's still in beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.