Google Leads in Futuremark Peacekeeper Browser Benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
maybe this way Opera will get the attention that it needs ... always was in the back FF just because ppl said is better not even taking into consideration any alternative.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I don't care about the speed. Few milliseconds aren't even perceptible.
Many things in Chrome bothers me, one big example is the Add ons. Chrome's Add Block sucks compared to Firefox, i tried it so many times and it really bugs up many sites. Not to mention the idiotic impossibility to change temp folder in Chrome, without the silly commands on the shortcut.
Way too many things, which let me stick with good old Firefox.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nikorr[/nom]Fellas, its just a benchmark, nothing more... U wont detect any speed difference in real life...They all are fast now-a-days![/citation]
yes you can... you just need lots of open tabs, the more tabs you have open the slower the browser goes. firefox for me right now, cant play any video due to 600ish tabs open. chrome can still play video with about 70 tabs open. opera... well... it wont install right, and the version i have is annoying, and i cant find the setting to make it not annoying.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
While Safari does not look that great on a PC, Apple shines on the iPad 2, which leads the benchmark results on tablets, followed by the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the Acer Iconia W500, the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy S2.

The Iconia W500 is a Windows 7 tablet. :\ does that even count?

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Yeah it's a great benchmark when it ranks Chrome TWICE as high as Firefox even though in the real-world there's practically no difference.

Wouldn't be surprised if Google "lent" Futuremark some of their engineers just to make sure the results would be drastically skewed.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

You seriously need to go outside if you think having 50+ tabs open is normal. Let alone 600 (what is that like 40 rows?!). Mozilla won't and shouldn't waste their time trying to memory optimize for absurd scenarios like yours.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I still like IE best by far. These millisecond differences are completely pointless. Sure Chrome is microsecond faster but it has few features and the interface is so minimilast that it pisses me off as it takes forver to find things I use constantly and doesn't have many features. IE is enterprise worthy with anything an IT department will need to manage their network for example.... well, those hard hitting features obviously require more code and thus miroseconds more time to run. These browser wars are so dumb.

G

wtv, i started using opera before it got second place on this benchmark! (Right-click + Drag mouse left)

cornandbeans

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
[citation][nom]iamtheking123[/nom]You seriously need to go outside if you think having 50+ tabs open is normal. Let alone 600 (what is that like 40 rows?!). Mozilla won't and shouldn't waste their time trying to memory optimize for absurd scenarios like yours.[/citation]
Actually when you are doing researches you can have like ~60 tabs opened.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
It doesn't really matter - in real life usage, you don't notice the difference much. I use Firefox 8 because I like the addons and such (just install the compatibility reporter and it won't disable them because they aren't "compatible").

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]cornandbeans[/nom]Actually when you are doing researches you can have like ~60 tabs opened.[/citation]
Still doesn't make it normal :p and 600 tabs is insane no matter what you are doing.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Have you run it? My IE9 and Firefox and Nightly couldn't complete some of the tests and scored pretty low. Then I tried chrome, it is more compatible so it scores more.
Seems stupidly bias...

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kelvinty[/nom]Have you run it? My IE9 and Firefox and Nightly couldn't complete some of the tests and scored pretty low. Then I tried chrome, it is more compatible so it scores more.Seems stupidly bias...[/citation]

More compatible = Higher score..
Maybe because that's part of the test? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.