[SOLVED] Google Maps "add shortcut to desktop" button is missing in iphone 4s/5s

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I'm sorry I know this is android/chrome only forums but I think perhaps someone with knowledge about older models of iphone can help. A friend of mine uses a model of iphone we are not sure which model is but still getting application updates, we think its 4s or 5 or 5s, we using google maps to find each other locations in real time.

a button is missing in his iphone, meanwhile our other friend have that button on exact same GUI(he is using android 7 or 8) as far as I see google maps have exact same GUI on both iOS and Android, the missing button is on iphone is "add shortcut to main page/desktop" which allows a user add a google maps direct shortcut of that desired user's location inside the google maps application, when we tap onto that shortcut from the main page of the phone it directly leads us to that users location without further things to do.

Any idea how we can get that button on iphone? That button appears right after if you tap the user's circle on map which opens a small slide-like window inside of the maps and finally there is 3 dot button (like phone settings one or additional options like etc) thats the window shortcut button is missing in it.

Is there any way to get that button on iphone 4s 5 or 5s?

Solution
Android and iPhone use a different OS, the Google Maps programs for each are different applications written for different platforms. if you can't find how to do it online already, it's just not an option the iPhone version of the program has.
Android and iPhone use a different OS, the Google Maps programs for each are different applications written for different platforms. if you can't find how to do it online already, it's just not an option the iPhone version of the program has.

Solution