Google Nexus 6 Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Liu

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
I had the Moto X and I liked everything about it except for sluggish processor. My next phone is going to be an Apple simply because they come out with the fastest processors whenever they launch a new iteration. In-house design is just too much for thrown-together competitors.

Chjapa

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Removable SD cards and replaceable batteries are dated dinosaurs technology. 64gb of storage and the cloud is enough storage.
It is not about it being dinosaur technology, it is about business model of charging an arm and a leg for any upgrade. "Modern users" consider changing wallpaper on their phone ultimate customization decent user should do. Anything else is too complicated..
So why don't you leave it as an option for us dinosaurs. You modern users can have your iPhones, S6s and M9s.
BTW fastest 32GB MicroSDs is around 20$ online.

There was a class X 64gb for $29 just a few days ago.
The comment from the previous poster about "dinosaur technology" is non-sense. The carriers aren't even selling the phone with 64gb anyway. Maybe if we had an option, but unless you buy outright you don't.

All that said, this phone is the best piece of mobile tech I've ever owned. I read alot of books and for that screen size is king. For media consumption it has no equal, and it's a Nexus.

Apr 27, 2015
Do you want a good looking phone, with nice screen, sealed battery and no room for expansion (no sd), get an LG G2, $200, cheap.

+ $650 for a nexus with sealed battery and no SD card support looks like a REAL WASTE of money to me.

Jonathan G

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Thank you for the explanation, I may have missed it in the article, if I did, I am sorry.

kfreund

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015
Worst handset build quality I've ever had.

The microusb port started to come loose in the second week of owning the phone. Motorola wants $500 deposit to exchange the handset. There's no in-store exchange program with any of the mobile carriers.

Unless you want a neverending headache, stay away from Motorola in favor of a manufacturer with an in-store exchange program or a manufacturer with a storefront (Sony, Samsung, Apple).

Going pure Google Android was not worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts