Google Now Distributing Updated Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
landscape orientation for OUR phones would be nice too. On my Atrix HD - it goes to that mode IF its used in the car dock. It looks nice and would be handy for this to happen (user option) for our phones... especially since our menu keys now rotate.

The MC Droid with the keyboard also operates in landscape mode when typing.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]landscape orientation for OUR phones would be nice too. On my Atrix HD - it goes to that mode IF its used in the car dock. It looks nice and would be handy for this to happen (user option) for our phones... especially since our menu keys now rotate.The MC Droid with the keyboard also operates in landscape mode when typing.[/citation]

My Samsung goes into landscape when I use its keyboard. However, I've noticed that there are a few apps that don't directly support it. They all work, but not always in landscape and I have this one app that always closes itself if I open or close the keyboard. I do agree about it looking better.

Granted, my phone is like three years old and running 2.2.2, so the problems might have been fixed at any point since then :)

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
It would be nice to be able to lock the screen through on-screen menus rather than either waiting for it to timeout or having to (or accidentally) press the button on the side. This way that button could be disabled and I could lock the screen on my GS3 with on-screen menus.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Just installed on my Nexus 7... I feel bad for my buddy with a Droid Bionic running Android 2.3.x - Google needs to make regular updates a requirement of the licence agreement to vendors.

The update works well. Landscape is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.